Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy New Year...and a reminder...

T's going to be here in about 4 hours. I am not ready for him to be here, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - I don't know what it is that I think is 'not ready'. Except me. I've done most of my running around and organising for him and 'us'. Just not me. Never mind. At least I didn't make a huge gash in my leg from shaving like I did last time.

I think he's the only non-professional photographer on the planet who still uses a slide film camera. That means it's about impossible to find the film he needs. After ringing (and driving) all over Melbourne, I finally found one place that sells it in the city. Just one more reason he owes me a date out at a chick flick on Friday. I was, however, not stupid enough to drive into the city today. He can stop in and get it on our way down the coast tomorrow.

A reminder now, for anyone who's out braving the stores post-Christmas/pre New Year in the sweltering heat that is this city this week. WEAR DEODORANT. In fact, go one better. TAKE IT WITH YOU, because I swear, you may think that it was enough when you applied it first thing in the morning, but by the time you've run all over town trying to buy a bunch of crap that you're never going to use, purely because it's five bucks off, you WILL stink again. Just another reason I don't 'shop'.

Unfortunately, I did 'shop' today, only because I absolutely had to. $243 worth of clothes and a $50 pair of shoes I may never wear. I need a sedative! Thankfully, I made sure I could take the clothes back if I hated them when I got them home, which is usually the case. And if I decide I don't like the shoes, one of my girlfriends is the same size as me and she'll love them, so I can palm them off too. My rule - when shopping, always have an 'out'.

And on that note, I'm outta here! I probably won't be posting again till 9 January.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years Eve. Take care and be good to each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~!Happy New Year!~*~*~*~*~*~

See you soon! :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me over to your side of the planet, E.

Have a great time with T. Maybe you'll manage to get to that chick flick on Friday. Happy New Year to you both!

3:36 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm here from Michele and I hope you have a WONDERFUL time...!

And if you don't get that chick-flick on Friday..maybe you'kk get it in during the time away...

Forgive me...but, what is a chick-flick, anyway?? I think I have an idea, but I';m not really sure.

3:53 pm  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Happy New Year girlie!!! I hope it's a spectacular one :D

7:42 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Happy New Year!

9:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, i sold out on monday this week, buying way too much stuff -- but i bought DVDs so it's ok :) and a couple t-shirts; I never buy clothes, so that's alright. tell your boy to get a digicam ;)

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home