Saturday, December 24, 2005

The best laid plans

Since I don't have any photos of my trip, here are some from the net that show the places we went to along the south coast of Western Australia.

The first one is Mandalay Beach and truly (as with all the photos), it doesn't do the place justice at all. I managed to get T's camera working for a while to get some pics there, but I don't have those. It was one of the prettiest beaches I've been to in a while, although when we go to Tasmania, I'm sure seeing Wineglass Bay again is going to remind me why it's one of the top 10 beaches in the world.








The next two are The Gap and Natural Bridge, at Albany. They're next to each other and there are signs everywhere about how dangerous the area is and to keep in the [tiny] areas they've deemed 'safe', in order not to get swept over the edge by a freak king wave.













And just in case ya didn't believe me about the king waves, here's an example. The tiny mark in the top middle of the photo on the left, is the lookout. You can't see from any of the photos where the car park is, but we were getting wet from the spray as we got out of the car, and the car was wet when we went back to it, ten or so minutes later.....and that was with relatively calm seas.












The next set is of the Desert Corps Memorial at the top of Mount Clarence, in Albany. Unfortunately, we thought it was a lot tackier than it could have been, but it was still a great memorial with a fabulous view.













This last one is Greens Pool in Denmark and it truly does not do the place justice at all. The sea was the most vivid crystal clear colours. I really hope T's photos come out well, so I can post them.







T's trip over here has been upturned slightly too. His company has just taken over another company (who does that the day before Christmas?), so he has to be home sooner than we expected to help with things.

That's meant I've spent most of today changing our airfares to Tasmania and trying to get accommodation on NYE (just about impossible and a miracle that I did find something, considering our stay also coincides with the Sydney to Hobart yacht race).

The next bit of fun will be seeing if we can get reimbursed from his company for the extra expenses we've incurred from having to change everything (already $240 and that's just what I've paid for so far today and doesn't include any costs he'll have from changing the hire car booking and his own airfare to go home early). He says they won't complain about paying. I'm looking at it as extra expenses I'll have to wear, just in case.

But now..........it's just a few hours away from Christmas here. I hope everyone's Christmas is a happy and safe one. Be good, or be good at it.........and whichever of those you decide to do, remember to come back and blog about it. You know I will!

:-) Merry Christmas!!
Go here
(coz we're still allowed to say that over here hehe)

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Merry Christmas, Eve. Have a great one.

7:40 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Belated Merry Christmas to you dearie. (Merry Christmas here!)

Love the pics, and love you!

Sara

6:53 am  
Blogger Sandy said...

I've always wanted to travel to Australia and these images remind me why.

Merry Christmas (albeit a day late) to you too. I'm stopping in via Michele's tonight.

1:53 pm  
Blogger kenju said...

Welcome to Michele's meet n' greet, E.

Michele sent me.

1:54 pm  
Blogger Pink Pen said...

Hey there!

Michele sent me...

2:02 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

And we are still allowed to say that here, too! (lol) So I say to you a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS....
Those pictures were wonderful to me, of course I have nothing to compare it to, but it sure gave me a "feeling" for the places you spoke of...

Thanks for coming by my blog today.

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home