Tuesday, December 27, 2005

You'd sleep with the lights on too!

I spent most of the day Christmas Eve at home by myself. I had the sliding doors to my courtyard open, and I'd gone out early in the morning to open the outside gate so the cats could go in and out....

Hmmm...let me backtrack a bit. I had gotten up early (about 5.30am) to open the sliding doors for the cats to go outside. The opening was all of about 4 inches - just enough to let the cats slip through. I was lying in bed a bit later on, and all of a sudden there was the biggest noise, like someone had pulled the blinds wide open. I literally jumped up out of bed to go look, because it sounded like someone was in the house. There was nothing there, but I remember thinking that the blinds were moving a lot and I thought it was strange since the doors were all but closed. I heard the same noise another two times, but didn't really think much of it.

Back to the gate... I had to go out, so I went outside to shut the gate and found that the metal lock (it's one of those sliding bolt locks) was bent almost in half. It took all my force to bend it back so the bolt would slide into the other part of it. It couldn't possibly have happened by the wind bumping it or anything like that.

The day before, I'd been in the bathroom and noticed that one of the fish I have stuck to my tiles was slightly moved...not lined up straight like the rest of them. I didn't think anything of it and just thought the sticky stuff had come loose. I didn't touch it.

I was in the bathroom about 11.30pm, getting ready to go to bed, and the damn thing was turned more - to almost 90 degrees. I thought, well it must be loose, I'll fix it. It wasn't loose at all. In fact, it was stuck hard to the wall and when I pulled it off and checked the sticky stuff on the back of it, it wasn't twisted like I thought it would be, had it have slipped by itself.

It was about that time that I got into my head that the gate, the blinds and the fish were all related somehow and I f-r-e-a-k-e-d myself out. Big time! Dork that I am, I even checked my bedroom cupboards to see if someone was in there. Keep in mind I don't have a huge house and I was home all day.

Still, I managed to send T about 3 text messages, leave two messages on his home phone and one on his mobile to call me asap. Not sure exactly what I expected him to do from 3,500kms away, but whatever. He wasn't much help. He'd been out at his mate's place drinking. In the end, I told him just to go to sleep and I'd defend myself from whatever it was that was obviously going to get me if I went to sleep.

I slept (after sitting bolt upright in my bed for more than 40 minutes, not moving), with my bedroom light on, and my bedside lamp on... as well as having my landline and my mobile in my hands...all night.

Yep. I can build the biggest deal out of the smallest, unrelated incidents!

....They are unrelated, aren't they?

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

Gulp!
*Biting nails and shifting eyes from side to side and shivering*

(((E)))

Unrelated, I'm sure. Nothing to worry about.

*shudder*

xox

5:18 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Don't worry, your house is probably just possessed...

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's pretty bizarre. i wish crazy shite like that happened to me... *sighs* hehe. at least you weren't bored, right? and if anyone was there, yeah... it was probably just a friendly shade. nothing to worry about.

4:29 am  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Think I'm going to have to agree with Ian on this one... You're probably looking at possession here. ;)

Seriously though, I'd be just as freaked out - do you have a video camera or something? Set up a little surveillence and pretend you're on Law and Order or something.

8:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only person who freaks out at stuff like that. I have had similar things happen on occasion, and its just amazing how human beings can manage to scare the hell out of themselves :D

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home