Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head

A man who had a foot amputated has decided to keep it for old times' sake. Ezekiel Rubottom is keeping the foot on the front porch of his Kansas home. "I'm not sick or, like, a danger. I just wanted my foot," he said.

Sure ya did, mate.

A New Zealand farmer is resisting calls from angry neighbours to take down a fence adorned with hundreds of bras.

I wanna know where he got them from in the first place. I could make a joke about baaaaaaa's...but I won't.

An Indian yoga teacher hopes to get into the record books by swallowing fish and blowing them out of his nose. Vijaya Kumar swallowed 509 small fish through his mouth and blew them out of his nose within one hour.

Ok, that's just foul. There's one yoga move I don't wanna learn how to do.

The other night, as we were eating dinner, the Guinness Book of Records show was on. It showed a woman in her 50s (looked more like her 70s) who ate something like 2kg (4+ pounds) of dirt every day. Made us gag so much we had to change the channel. Now I know why we usually turn the tv off when we eat dinner.

And I thought my life was sometimes strange.

(I found all this stuff in The Age 'Odd Spot'.)

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I heard that Yoga teachers start with fish and move on to larger animals. You never wondered why he's called the Dali Llama (haha)...

2:54 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

hahah ooh the llama jokes are coming thick and fast! You're on a roll again Ian. :-D

2:57 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

i think i might've seen the bra covered fence when i was in new zealand!

a

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home