Monday, July 25, 2005

I got the drugs!

I woke up today with a headache and a bad mood that could make a Rhino pass out.

It took me forever to get to the docs. I hate city traffic. It's one of the major reasons I won't work in the city. Well, that and I really can't be stuffed getting into skirts and high heels every day just to sit behind a desk.

Anyway, I passed the sleep tests....if you call not being able to stay awake during the day 'passing'. Apparently I did some weird stuff in my sleep too, during the second daytime test - leg kicking (who knew?!) and unnatural deep sleep (considering I slept for a total of less than 10 minutes during that second test).

The upshot of my freakish sleep antics is that it's confirmed the original narcolepsy diagnosis enough that I'll pass the Government's stupid new tighter drug prescription laws. An hour ago, my doc was filling out forms to send to whomever it is that doles out the 'approved' stamps. He'll get that back by the end of today and tomorrow he can send me my prescription.

I don't care what people will think about me taking narcotics (again). This is a quality of life thing for me and it's gonna make a huge difference. Not to mention, these lil white pills have the added benefit of acting like an anti-depressant, which really cannot hurt right now!

I'll be on drugs by the end of the week!! Wooohooooo! I am so freakin' happy about this!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

Yay! DRUGS!!

I know how much you look forward to feeling better.

hugs!

12:36 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Drugs are our friend.

*snort*

Yay for you!

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home