Sunday, July 24, 2005

Eating elephants

What's the stupid saying? Eat your elephant one bite at a time? Something like that.

But what if you can't eat the ear till you've eaten the trunk, but you can't eat the trunk because you first have to eat the leg, but you can't even attempt the leg till you've eaten the ear, but you can't eat the ear till ....... you get the point.

That's where I've been lately. Then I learned there was a whole other elephant I hadn't noticed before, and contemplating starting on the first elephant meant that I first had to deal with the second elephant, and no wonder I was getting nowhere with the first elephant, because I didn't know the second one was there all the time, but the first one couldn't be dealt with till the second one was gone.

But now I know there are two elephants. Although, even though I know I have to eat them one bite at a time, I have to work out which is the best order to eat the parts in, or I'll end up with really bad indigestion......or one, or both of the elephants will squash me when I'm not looking.

You can't eat your elephant one bite at a time. They don't present themselves to you in pieces and there is no simple way to dissect them. You have to work out a plan to blow up the elephant in one go and eat the pieces together in a nice big elephant stroganoff.

Such is life.

Anyone know where I can find some dynamite and a big pot?

As George Michael said, "Ya gotta have faith, faith, faith....".

(Yeah, it's a nice Muscat talking.....If we had any Baileys, it'd be that.)

2 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Ewwww, elephant stroganoff? Blech!

May I offer some advice (that I try to offer myself but sometimes I won't listen)?

Don't go looking for elephants.

If you're like me, then sometimes you go elephant hunting because you've never had a peaceful, settled environment. If your environment becomes peaceful and settled, then SURELY you're missing something so you go look for it.

Maybe you're not like me.

All I can say is this: I've mostly quit elephant hunting and I'm a lot more 'sane' now. ;)

3:56 am  
Blogger monica said...

Well the good news about elephants is that if they've escaped from the circus, they're conditioned to behave as long as there's something tied around one of their feet.

Gosh, if I could just PLEASE stop finding elephants, I would!!! Sometimes it seems they find me, plop themselves down, and say, "OK, so now what are you gonna do, lady?!?"

My suggestion? Douse it in Bailey's. With any luck the elephant will get drunk and pass out. Then you can sell it to the circus!!

4:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home