Friday, January 07, 2005

No, no, not that one, dammit!

The brain is an interesting piece of equipment. Personally, I don't know what I'd do without mine. But sometimes, I forget to take it places with me, or when I do, it just doesn't seem to want to remember pertinent things.

I ducked down the road to get something for lunch. Being that I swayed slightly over Christmas from Dr Fun Killer's diet (I had to have plum pudding...three days in a row!), I thought I ought to stay right on track in future.

For ease, convenience and, let's face it, pure laziness, I've been purchasing pre-made salads for lunch and dinner. They're great. They have all the ingredients packed separately and all you have to do is mix them together when you're ready to eat. Simple.

There is one in particular that C and I buy all the time. We probably have it maybe three times a week. It's Asian Baby Leaf Salad and it's nice - down to the dressing. C bought the Crunchy Asian Salad one day because the regular one was not in stock. We didn't like it much, because, as we discovered, it was made from cabbage, not lettuce. We don't like cabbage with our steak. Anyway, mental note that it was not completely horrible, but not for dinner purposes.

Fast forward to this week and I go to the local supermarket near work, "looking for inspiration", as C says. They don't stock my Asian Baby Leaf Salad, so I went for Baby Spinach Salad instead. It has bacon pieces, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Fine, except for the dressing, which is a lemon dressing and, really, it's a bit icky.

Lord knows I left my brain at my desk when I went down there today. Do I dislike the cabbage one or the lemon one? Cabbage? Lemon? Um....? Must be cabbage. No. Silly blonde that I am, didn't remember that it's the lemon dressing I disliked most of all. Even sillier, watching myself open the packet of dressing and pouring it all over the damn salad, all the while thinking, "I really don't like this dressing".

Now I'm sitting here eating lemon flavoured spinach, bacon and tomato. It's just wrong!

5 Comments:

Blogger Salsguy said...

Too bad they won't let you choose which prepacked ingriedients you want for the salad.

2:12 pm  
Blogger Bradley Robb said...

You're eating baby asians? Whoa...

5:16 pm  
Blogger Ben Ferguson said...

Eve, have you ever heard of a group in either Sydney or Canberra called "Idea of North?" I'm not sure where you're from or if you're anywhere close to those cities...

6:26 pm  
Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

Let me get this straight. You poured something...which you didn't like...on something you didn't really want to eat in the first place.

Now you're eating it?

Right...you could survive anywhere...:)

7:07 pm  
Blogger Aubrey said...

OK...There is something fundamentally disturbing about someone eating a leaf salad made from Asian Babies...You must stop eating this stuff, because if you think that fast food is fattening, you have NO IDEA how many calories are in your average Asian Babies! Let me just say, that the toe-sies alone contain more calories than a dozen Big Macs. Sick, sick woman.

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home