Friday, January 07, 2005

Please say it isn't true!

Ok, so I've been surfing BE all morning and have managed to rate and bookmark a couple of blogs that sparked my interest.

What prompted this post though, just scared me. I'm not going to link back to it, because, well people just shouldn't be subjected to this kind of thing.

I came across a beanie baby blog. I was fearful as I waited for the page to load. What would I see? Would I be made to read pretty pink type on a background of multi-coloured jellybeans? I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was just a regular white background and the posts were standard text.

I ventured to read the first post. It had a link to some photos. I thought, "well maybe I should broaden my horizons, open my mind some and discover what the appeal of beanie babies truly is". What I got was unexpected. Christmas pictures. Family pictures. The children decorating the Christmas tree.

Scary? Normally one would say, no. These kids were both under ten, he maybe 5 or 6, she probably a year or two older.

BUT THEY HAD MULLETS!!! I swear, the kids looked destined for a spot on Jerry Springer!

Three photos was enough for me. I couldn't take anymore.

Honestly, what are the parents thinking? Why do people still do this to their offspring?

Maybe they live here.
(No offense to anyone living in Missouri. This is just one funny-arse site.)

3 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I had no idea that people in other countries even KNEW about mullets. That cracks me up.

By the way, my ex-husband's wife has a mullet. I kid you not. Ewwwwww. He really traded down.

11:58 am  
Blogger Laurie said...

That was great. I had no idea where you were going with that. I thought maybe there would be suicidal Beanie Babies or something. Mullets! Egad. Much worse.

12:24 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

gosh you make me laugh on a regular basis! thanks for that..

there actually used to be a website about mullets too... with photos, etc. i can't remember anything else about it unfortunately..

a

5:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home