Saturday, June 28, 2008

Changing direction

The past couple of weeks have sucked, sucked, sucked in some big ways. In other ways, I've been really happy. Of course, that means my moods have been all over the place. The girls I work with have been very patient with me, that's for sure!

I'm moving out this weekend and staying with a friend for two weeks till I can move to where I'm going. I have no words to describe what life in this house has been like lately, but I just have to be out. Thankfully, I have generous friends.

Maybe I should have put this post under a family heading. I might do that at some later stage when I've had time to process things. I'll be moving in with my brother in law. He lives around the corner from me, but a friend of his is moving away, so he and I can move into their house...rent free. It's so good, I'm hesitant to be happy about it till I've met them, seen the place and have my furniture in the door. The way things have gone haywire lately, I'm not expecting it to go to plan. If it does, I'll be living with family for the first time in 20 years. I have mixed emotions about that!

I'm changing jobs in about 3 weeks. I'm disappointed about leaving the city of the dead, because it's been a great job in a number of ways. A friend from an employment agency already has a two month job lined up for me, which is good. There is other good stuff in the works, hopefully, too, but I'll just wait and see what happens.

M and I still have not met, and that's probably been a good thing. Despite that, he's been the best support I've had lately. I've been a bit crazy-woman and I'm not sure why he hasn't run far, far away.

At any rate, things are looking up and that's a nice change.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

(((((E)))))

Sorry things have been so haywire there and that we can't seem to catch up more often.

Love you.

S

4:03 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wow, my dear, you are a flurry of eventful happenings. Moving, new job, sheesh! You make me tired.

You wrote: "I've been a bit crazy-woman and I'm not sure why he hasn't run far, far away."

Yeah, I wonder the same thing about BJ sometimes....

5:56 am  
Blogger Mel said...

I'm sad the weather pixie is broken.....

BUT!! I'm glad to hear some things have evolved....or seemingly have evolved......or maybe have, depending on if it's not some scary place to be employed or to be living in. Ummmm....yeah, well---

*holding breath*
Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!

9:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm.... interesting turn of events with the housing situation, that's for sure! And there couldn't possibly be a more fun time of year to move, could there? Well, at least you're out of the house this weekend. Hope the new living arrangement works out better than this one! Hang in there.

9:19 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

You've been a bit "crazy-woman"??


That's why we luvs ya! ;-)

Makes me smile to hear that things are looking up.

You're terrific!
xo

2:55 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just checking to see how the moving thing went. Hope all is well!!!

3:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking a long time to change...

11:22 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Hey you!
I just realized it's been almost a month and no peep from you. I hope you are crazy busy GOOD and not the opposite. Drop in and let us know you are doing okay. I hope all is going REALLY WELL!

hugs,
anne

5:25 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*drawing little boxed and a scrap piece of paper and waiting patiently*

:-/

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home