Friday, May 30, 2008

Yeah, I know...

Next Thursday is our once a month Headache Day, proudly brought to you by our sponsors at PMS Incorporated. It's also the day I've agree to start working with a new trainer and I'll be taking two sessions, back to back, in the evening. Le sigh...there's a good reason G-d invented pain killers. Good planning, E!

The dizziness and loss of sensation/balance from a few weeks ago has not come back, thankfully. I'm putting that down to too much work and lack of sleep.

What has come back is the chest pain. With a vengeance. It's been more than a week, but you know, if you don't mention it, it's not so bad. Keeping to myself has been my action of choice when I've felt...uncomfortable. People tend to get unsettled and call ambulances when you look like you're having a heart attack, even if you're not having a heart attack (and even if they know you've suffered the same symptoms for years). I've just gone about doing what I need to do - breathe - and just waiting for it to ease. The good thing is, I haven't felt like this in quite a number of months and I know it will pass. Soon would be good. And, no, I'm still not going to mention it to anyone unless it's necessary, because I'd like to keep pretending it's just anxiety. Avoidance is working for me right now.

Still drinking the smoothies! Tonight, I made two types.

1. 250g frozen raspberries, 250g frozen blueberries, 2 bananas, 3 big handfuls of baby spinach, 2 glasses of water. It looks like blood and tastes really good.

2. 500g of frozen mango, 4 big handfuls of baby spinach, 2 glasses of water. Looks very green, tastes like mango and is awesome.

Only four more weeks left of school!!

6 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

You're sounding a bit like M with your frenetic life right now! Lots going on. I'd say you must be getting into awesome shape though.

Take care of yourself as far as the chest pain goes. You know what is good for you.

I like the recipes, I think I might give them a try. Sounds good!

hugs,
a

3:15 am  
Blogger Mel said...

<--tried a mango once--it was slimey and gross.

And I ain't drinkin' anything that remotely looks like blood.

Yes.
I AM a stick in the mud.

Eww.

9:29 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

You do realize that some things just should NOT touch, right?

Spinach and bananas.......should NOT touch!

9:30 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

k.......

<--not the least concerned about the silence of the heart stuff. knows you know whatcher doin'....

(g'head......feel free to call me a liar......LOL)

9:31 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LMAO Mel! Hey, what about banana, strawberry and lettuce? LOL I have to admit that one was kinda weird, but I still drank it!

A, yeah, things are hectic, but mostly in a good way. I'm definitely getting fitter, but stress and crazy hours means I've not lost any weight at all, which is pissing me off, but I have to just deal with it for now. We'll see what happens when I've been doing this smoothie thing for a while!

9:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, how on Earth are you drinking baby spinach??? Maybe I won't be trying this after I pop out the little one. :)

Hope you're feeling better. I can't imagine it's easy to keep going about life as usual, even if you've got years of practice.

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home