Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yeah, right.

That stuff about only being given as much as you can handle? Garbage! This week, the handle snapped off.

It started with me tipping a full cup of coffee all over my desk first thing Tuesday morning (Monday was a holiday) and got progressively worse throughout the day, including being told my contract will essentially be up in about 6 weeks, so I need a new job, then having a rather heated yelling match with my housemate about me moving out. The guy is a bully and an intimidator. Thankfully, he doesn't realise I have the upper hand in a number of ways. I won't do anything for now, but if I have to help his karma along, I will.

So I need a new job and a new home as soon as possible. It don't just rain some days!

This afternoon, as I was on my way from one job to the next, driving through the city, a guy in a truck almost took out the entire left side of my car, with the side of his, because he swerved into my lane without looking. I hit the brakes and swerved so hard that everything in my car ended up on the floor and he missed me by about an inch. Things went very slowly for a second and the crazy thing is I was thinking, "wow, that's close, the metal tray is really going to tear up my doors", like it was just any other normal thought.

I'll have to check tomorrow, but I'm sure I left impressive skid marks on the intersection. I got the feeling back in my legs and a normal heart rate by about the time I reached where I take my outdoor class. The good thing is he didn't hit me. That would have been icing on my already well iced cake.

But, after taking two classes tonight, I realised I'm a kick-arse trainer. I'm good at what I do. I know my stuff and I do it well. It's so not work. It certainly doesn't feel like work. The new guy I work for has only seen me take a couple of sessions and he's already organised to get the paperwork I need to make me 'official' and get me more work with other franchisees. I thought it was just a practical assessment, but there's a 'test', too. Bring it on! :p The guy I've been working for since February could have done that, but he just hasn't bothered.

After the shitty couple of weeks I've had, to have someone stand there and tell me I'm good at what I do and they want to help me to do better, and get me more work....that's cool. If it weren't for the positive feeling I get from doing personal training, I think I would have turned green, channeled my inner Hulk and gone on a rampage by now.

Life is just a tad suckful right now, but there's good stuff to balance it. Now all I need is for the good stuff to start outweighing the bad. Not too much to ask, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

<---having a suckful week herself

And I ain't likin' it much AT all......

(still think that going back to bed and pulling covers over the head oughta be a viable option....)

*sigh*

9:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there's at least a little bit of good to go with the bad! Good luck in your search for new digs and a new job, and I know where ever you land, they'll be lucky to have you!

3:48 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Help his karma along. *snicker*

Either way, I'm sure he'll get what he deserves.

But I hear you on the suckful week and why the heck doesn't the good stuff ever seem to outweigh the bad?

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home