Saturday, June 07, 2008

Finally!

The week is over! Every day this week has started at about 5.30am and I've been home around 10pm. Oh, except Thursday (told ya I'd be unwell that day!), when I was laid up in bed with possibly food related stomach pains, a headache and hot/cold sweats. Nice. But, thanks to pharmaceuticals, I was recovered enough to take back to back group sessions that evening.

And they went well. So well that the coach (I can't bring myself to call him a 'boss' because it really doesn't feel like what I do is work) of that venue is already arranging my assessment to be accredited with that organisation, as well as a course to qualify me to instruct kick-boxing. Very cool, and something I should have already been given through my original coach, since I've been taking kick-boxing classes every now and then since early in the year. Things are good.

On the flip side, I sent a long complaint email to the education director of my school about the cost of the course versus the ridiculously poor administration of the course. So did another girl in my course. We've been patient for a number of months now, over a few administrative stuff ups. But the last couple have cost us time and money, so I got narky. It could turn into a 'don't bite the hand that feeds you' situation, as the education director happens to be the wife of a guy who has said he'd like me to work for him in a managerial role at some stage - and who is also a director of our school. I'll cross that bridge if I have to. I'm not going to worry about it now.

Only two more weeks left and I'm DONE! The last few sessions have been draining and the whole class has been pretty unmotivated. We've been working on sales, making phone calls, presenting our businesses, marketing ourselves etc. Due to the admin issues we've faced, we've all been unenthusiastic about it.

Today was different. We worked on public speaking. None of us were really keen on the idea and we knew we had to do a number of presentations. I don't know if it was the instructor we had, or what it was, but today was good. The thought of getting up to talk and present this morning was not something I looked forward to. I went straight to class from taking two outdoor sessions and I was tired, wet, muddy and hungry. I wanted to be alone and just sleep. By the afternoon, with two 10 minute talks under my belt, I got up and presented a talk we all had to do on the same topic (burn f@t f@ster)......and spoke for almost 4o minutes! Yeah, I rambled a bit and jumped between topics, but given that we only had about 20 minutes to prepare, I was pretty happy. I can't remember ever getting up in front of a group and talking for that long. I know I talked too fast in some places, but overall I'm so pleased I did so well and got really positive feedback. That boosted my confidence in myself and my abilities more than anything else has recently and it's just what I need right now.

I know I haven't mentioned it here yet, but I have to move again, thanks to my stupid housemate. I'm not happy about it and it's going to cost me money I don't have. I shouldn't be surprised, but he and the evil spawn can't work out why I'm pissed off and not talking to them. I'm too tired to go into detail about it now, but the sooner I get out of here, the more likely it is I won't commit murder. Then again, I wouldn't have to worry about finding enough money for rent...

Yay! for the long weekend! I'd be excited about it if I didn't have a business plan to finish....

Tunnel...light...end...soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Yikes, your life would wear.me.out. I'm sorry you have to move again. If I get my wish, I'll never have to move again for the rest of my life.

I've told BJ that the only way I'll leave this house is if he can pry my cold dead body out of it.

2:21 am  
Blogger SJ said...

There's a report in today's paper saying that rent in most of our city's suburbs has gone up on average 25%, and is expected to get even more expensive.

11:51 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

RG, I would love to already be in my forever house!

SJ, even our rent here has gone up twice since I moved in. It's ridiculous. We pay crazy rent here, but when I move out, I'll be paying more for probably less space.

10:20 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

<--- not moving ever again!
(much like RG's statement, methinks......)

TWO MORE WEEKS.....almost there.....

Good grief, I'd hope so.
I get weary reading about your weeks.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate moving too, but bad roommates are impossible to live with. Hope the business plan goes smoothly. It really does sound very exciting. Kickboxing classes? How cool!

You're the bomb, you know that?

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home