Monday, June 16, 2008

Dirty work

There are some things in life I'm really not very good at. One of them is face to face confrontation. I can't think straight and that's my main issue. The other is that I automatically come up with really hurtful things to say, that cut deep to the bone. Only problem is I won't say them. I realise the potency of words and I'm careful with how I say what I say. This tends to put me at a major disadvantage. So I try to stay as calm as I can, say what I need to say, and disengage.

I tried to do that on Saturday. I told my housemate not to yell. I told him when I was no longer going to listen to him, and I walked away. I told him there was no point talking if there was nobody listening to him. I went to my bedroom. He followed me and I ended up having to forcibly push my door shut in his face, because he wouldn't leave me alone.

What prompted this? I asked a few days ago that we keep our separate spaces in the house. He has his area of the house and I have mine. I asked that he stay out of mine and I'll stay out of his. He hasn't. I asked him again. He wouldn't and could not understand why 'you stay in your space and I'll stay in mine' did not equate to 'you stay in your space and you can come into mine whenever you feel like it, if I'm not home'.

Knee-capping obviously will not suffice. Amputation is the next course of action. I have a meeting tomorrow morning to determine what equipment I will need. He's at home all day at the moment, not working, with all my things in the house, while I'm out long hours. That is making me nervous.

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I dunno - you don't seem to mind saying hurtful things to me :D

I still say you should train the cats to attack him.

Or PNF his ass (and his other muscles haha) until he's tied in nots

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeew! I don't want to be in the same room, let alone PNF the guy! :p

Bambi, fluffy clouds, puppies, ducklings, icecream....sorry, just trying to get that awful image out of my head!

2:26 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

<--assumes PNF is very very naughty..LOL

Here---try humming "If I Only Had A Brain".....it's for two days over here!

Darn stucksongitus....... *muttering*

8:25 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha you could make it naughty, I suppose! Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation....a type of stretching that you can do to someone. Some of the positions are a bit....um, is contortionistic a word? :p Sounds painful, feels good. Sort of.

8:30 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Oh and thanks for the song, Mel. :D

8:31 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

I'll tell you what... if you'll just learn how to take care of some dental issues, you can live in my house rent free. :) (That's right - I STILL haven't had these stupid teeth fixed.)

11:09 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Do you have the show "Dexter" in your neck of the woods? If so, you might understand what I'm saying when I tell you that Dexter could take care of your situation neatly and cleanly.

xo

10:38 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I LOVE Dexter! Very cool show!

Yes, I need that guy!

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home