Saturday, April 12, 2008

Simple things

M and I have still not met. Quite frankly, there's a major part of me that's quite happy with that. It has the potential to change a whole bunch of things that I'm really not sure I'm ready to have changed. Besides, I barely have time to make time for someone at the moment. So, we haven't met and I don't mind.

But we're getting on great and that is something I appreciate. I am enjoying the moment. However, being that I'm a girl and sometimes prone to a ridiculous level of over-analysis, I've spent too much time thinking about the whole meeting thing. (Interestingly, I've spent little time worrying about what might happen after that. Too many possibilities.)

Today, he said, "I'm not gonna run away because, oh my god, shes not… B@rbie!!...If you like me too much I'll do something to make you unlike me to a point where you can handle the situation ok!!" I think that's funny...and it eases the tension I create in my brain. Posting things like this on my blog generally seems to jinx the situation, although I hope that doesn't happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

A good sense of humour is necessary! Hopefully he won't have to do something to make you 'unlike' him to handle the situation. Just try and enjoy the moment that is now. :)

hugs,

8:37 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I find all this a bit wierd though. I mean fair play to you both if you're happy waiting, but this has been going on a while now - if I were taking to a girl in the same city for this long and she didn't want to meet up, I'd just assume she wasn't actually interested, and move on to someone who was. Or assume there was something suspicious about her because she didn't want to meet.

11:53 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

A, yeah, as much as I can, I'm just enjoying the moment. :)

SJ, you find it weird, but I'm happy. He makes me laugh and feel good about myself. Even if we never met, it's worth it for that. I wouldn't say I'd wasted my time, because I'm enjoying my time and that's what's important, really. Karma sorts out any untruths, or deception, so I don't have to worry about that.

3:51 am  
Blogger Mel said...

The only thing I find weird is that he thinks you're not Barbie!

You're not Barbie?!

8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home