Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yes!

I love, love, love my course. It's interesting, it's fun, the trainers are great, I'm learning an insane amount about all sorts of things, not just fitness, and the rest of my class are cool people.

I feel inspired and excited every time I go there. On Saturday, we're going to have a big debate about training techniques and opinions/theories that really get people fired up. That should be fun! This afternoon, before class, I happened to run into our trainer when we were in the city looking for something to eat, so we sat and had a really good chat for about half an hour on a bunch of stuff I'll post about another time. The best bit, though, is on Saturday he's bringing a whole lot of research he's done to back up why things (in the fitness industry) should or shouldn't be done certain ways. Because I'm a geek in a lot of ways, I have my own research to take along. It'll be interesting to see what's the same and what differs, depending on the sources.
Oh, and there's a guy coming in on Monday, before we start our session, to spend half an hour helping our class write specific resumes for the different types of jobs we're all applying for over the next few weeks.

It's all good. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You're a Concise Perfectionist, aren't you? ;)

I'm doing a Spin course on 23-24 February...

1:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nifty! One of my former housemates decided to leave the Navy to become a Bikram yoga instructor. Her facebook picture is full of these crazy poses in exotic settings. I guess there are competitions and clinics all the time for all these fitness instructor type deals, huh? How cool is that? Getting paid to work out? So glad things are going well for you.

3:24 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

ok. I'll admit it. Sometimes your blog makes my head spin. (does your life make YOUR head spin?)

so..I don't know what course you're taking and loving.

Enlighten me?

3:00 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Jones, actually I'm a D at work and an I outside of work, with everything else being pretty much almost even. C is my second highest on both, tho! Good luck with the spin course! Not sure I'm up for that yet. (Hey, did you know that our course is largely information gained from the ACSM? Which makes the course not being recognised there all the more stupid.)

M, yoga is good. I like that it hurts in a good way lol.

G, I'm doing a course to become a personal trainer. Nice to see you! x

7:45 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Americans are just arrogant pricks when it comes to qualifications from the rest of the world, thinking theirs is always better

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home