Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Well then...

Sometimes, ya just want to say, "F-you!" I just had one of those moments. But when you're only half of an equation, you can't control the result; if it's not what you want, you can deal with it gracefully, or say, "F-you!" I'm choosing the former. Sometimes what you hoped was a horse turns out to be a stubborn mule upon closer inspection. Not much you can do about that.

As part of my new determination to be positive about as much as I can, let me say that I'm positive I do not want the job I started today as a full time position. I'm positive I would go insane if I had to do accounts for a living. I'm positive that by the end of the week, I'll actually understand all the terminology used in teaching me today. I'm positive I'll appreciate Saturday when it comes. I'm positive I'll save money by taking my lunch to work every day, because there is nowhere close by to buy food. And I'm positive I will fall asleep on the tram to work, every morning. I need that extra half hour sleep.

Actually, if I'd have taken my regular attitude to work with me today, I would have been pissed off early on. It surprised me that my resolve to stay happy, in spite of various frustrations, really worked. This job is a challenge. New terms to learn, a whole new computer program to learn, a new industry. It's good.

And my housemate cleaned and vacuumed the house while I was at work. When I got home, I sat with my feet up on the couch while he cleaned. I was smart enough to thank him afterwards! (And I bought him icecream yesterday, so I think we're even.)

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Now you know why I am how I am

12:49 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

I doubt that explains Mr. Jones completely.
JUST a wild guess. LOL

The goodnews--someone cleaned and it wasn't YOU! Woooohooo!!

You did say something about needing to do more stretching, right?
FEEL the burnnnnnn. :-)

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home