Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Grateful

I have a lot to be grateful about right now. Ok, so I'm not too grateful about not having a regular job and being down to my last money, but hey I start temping tomorrow, so I'll be back on track again with an income from next week. Thankfully!

My short term goal is to get a job with the forensics (fraud) division of a certain company. I'll be emailing the HR person when I'm done posting this. However, I'm not sure they have anyone from that division in this city. It can't hurt to ask.

I start back at my course next week, in a new gym, in new premises, which I'm excited about. I was hoping to lose some weight and get a bit more fit over the break, but despite my efforts, nothing's changed, so I'm a bit frustrated. Just a matter of time...

I'm grateful for still having a study partner. He and his brother and another guy went out on a sea kayak in north Qld a couple of days ago and it started to leak. They got swept out and had to swim more than two hours back to shore, then had to walk another three hours, because they'd drifted so far, back to where they'd started on the beach. Apparently, he's pretty sunburnt, but I told him to invest in some burn gel from a pharmacy and he says it's helped a lot. He thought I was going to kick his butt for getting burnt, because I'd lectured him about it before he left on his trip. I'm just glad nothing else happened.

NYE last night was stinking hot. The hottest on record, apparently. There were less people out than last year and I can see why people would have stayed home. Even at the bar we were at, I think as much water was being served as alcohol. It was a good night and I'm grateful for the friends I've made. One girl reminded me that it was last NYE that we met.

I never would have thought then that I'd be here now, without a real job, without money, but with loyal friends, heading in a new direction with a new career plan...and being almost completely content. If I can have my niece and her girls here by this time next year...that would be icing.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Having a job is over rated. Go sign on and live a little ;)

Happy New Year, Eveie...

12:33 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh, pshaw......Live a LOT!

Life's too short and time is just too precious.
Blow bubbles and colour outside of the lines!
It's wayyyyy cool!

(((((( E )))))))

10:15 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I agree that having a job is over-rated and I have a Plan. However, until the Plan comes to fruition, I need a job for all those silly things like food and a roof over my head - and paying for my course!

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home