Wednesday, January 02, 2008

How quickly things change

I just spent the last 45 minutes on the phone to my study partner. Former study partner. He's decided to stay where he is in north Qld and has a job starting Friday. I understand his reasons. I don't agree with them. He's running away from himself and trying to find himself at the same time. I know that place and it sucks. I did exactly the same thing when I was his age, except I came down here from up there.

I've seen him walk through the front door of his house and almost physically buckle from the stress of the environment he lives in, yet when he's away from there, even for a moment, he's a different, happy person. I get why he needs to be away. He acknowledges it might not be the best choice to make, because there's a child and a partner involved, but it's what he feels is the right thing at this moment. I told him I'd support that choice, even if I didn't like it, and I will. I'm both happy and sad for him.

So...the Plan changes slightly. But that's ok, too. Mostly.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Things never go as expected. You'll just have to find another aspect to make your plan happen. Perhaps if you told me your plan, I might be able to help :)

12:50 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Apparently the Big Guy has a better plan?

*grimacing*

Yeah, well, that's debateable. LOL

12:55 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... well, you never know what the future holds, eh?

Should be interesting.

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home