Thursday, November 08, 2007

Two is a light switch

Mwahahahaha! Jones, I had no idea what you were on about, but I figured it had to do with my course, so I skimmed through my book to see if I could find it. Alas, it was not there. Now I know why! I got 12/20 the first time, then 20/20 the second time. Other people did, too, but I was the only one to figure out there was a pattern to it.

More later... ;-)

Ok, now I'm at work and full of hayfevery goodness and completely devoid of any motivation to do the slightest ounce of work.

We finished the class late last night. How late? So late that a bunch of us had to run for the train/s. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't late, dark and cold and we weren't carrying backpacks full of gear and massive folders. Not only that, the entire way is up and down quite steep hills. Run too fast and you would fall flat on your face. Run too slow and you would miss your train. I got to the station first (in about 7 minutes, and only just still breathing), with one of the guys running up behind me to ask how I got there so fast. "I bolted!" I would have said more if I could talk. On the map, it doesn't look far. In reality, it hurt. But, I told myself that was my serious cardio for the day and that made me feel better.
Darren was still in the class. When we broke into pairs to do a memory exercise, he told the girl he was partnered with that he'd been advised to keep quiet, except when asked. He did pretty well in that regard, I have to say, but managed to give rambling answers when asked questions.
We did an exercise to remember everybody. We had to go around in a circle saying everyone's name and an action they'd come up with to help us remember. People said things like, "my name's Jo and I like to travel" or "my name's John and I like football". When it came to Darren's turn, he said, "My name's Darren and my dad told me I'm ok from the shoulders down". Too funny! The entire class cracked up. What made it funnier was that everyone after that had to say, "He's Darren and he's ok from the shoulders down".
It was a good night, apart from almost busting a gut to get the train afterwards. They mentioned doing time trial runs around the Botanical Gardens some time soon. I can't say I'm too keen on that, but as long as I'm not last, I'll be happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

The scary thing is that is has now been 6 weeks since I did it, and I can still remember all 20 :)

8:19 am  
Blogger SJ said...

You probably have a Cooper test coming up etc. I'm sure some things will be different from my curse because of location etc... when we did the track days we did:

1. How many times you could run round a 400m track in 12 minutes
2. 3 x 20m sprints
3. 3 x 40m sprints
4. 3 x 100m sprints
5. The "beep" test
6. How many pressups you can do in a minute
7. How many crunches you can do in a mnute
8. How far you can jump from a static position

Believe it or not, the day is atually a lot of fun :)

5:42 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Different from your curse. hehehe yeah, musta been a curse to do the course in Spain. :p

It does sound like fun. I should be ok, coz I already do a fair bit of interval training.

7:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

He's ok from the shoulders down? TOO FUNNY!!! Sounds like things are going pretty well... I'm so glad you quit that other job. You sound so much calmer and less stressed out. Keeping my fingers crossed on the new job... :)

3:40 am  
Blogger caro said...

Just sending some hugs :)

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home