Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Perhaps you'd like tea instead?

I did my first coffee course last night. There's a reason why the certificate says 'has participated in', rather than 'has successfully completed'. The guy told us not to expect to be able to make great coffee at the end of the night. He didn't tell us how potentially crap at coffee making we could be. I say 'we' under the assumption that other people there felt they sucked at it as much as I did.

I am now qualified to make a reasonable espresso. Want something with milk in it? As long as you don't mind it being full of bubbles and looking rather unattractive, I could give you something almost drinkable. There's a good reason they have practice sessions they suggest you do before taking the second, more advanced course. I will not be inflicting any hot beverages on the unsuspecting, paying public for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

Oh, how FUN! I wish I was in your neighborhood. We'd go to the Coffee Academy together!

We would SO impress Mel with our coffee finesse!

1:33 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

I'm thinkin' as long as it didn't resemble ('cuse the language) pisswater--we'd be good!

Dangit...wishin' I was close so you could practice on me. LOL I'm game!

3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ONCE made a pot of coffee for a meeting (you know, add coffee grounds and water, press "on") and was asked to never do that again. So you're light years ahead of me!!!

6:07 am  
Blogger caro said...

Wow, sounds intense! I suppose I should give the people at Starbucks more credit then?

9:42 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm... there's an art to making coffee? Your instructor would probably be appalled to see how I make my morning mug. ;)

Hope this thing works out! I'd love to take kiddo backpacking to see your coffee shop/gym!

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home