Saturday, October 27, 2007

Not great, but good

The x-rays of my fingers are very sexy. I'll post them when I get a chance, if the photos come out ok. My bones are quite attractive. They are also not broken. In a way, it would have been better if they were, because that would explain why they hurt so damn much and I'd have a better idea how to treat it.

The doc (different from Dr Idontknow) was good, but said he couldn't do much, because there's not even a mark on my bones. He did say it's quite possible the pain is caused by arthritis. Not really what I wanted to hear, considering it's my writing hand and I'd really like to continue using it. I was starting to think the pain was all in my head after I saw clear x-rays, but the doc squeezed one finger and almost got an impulsive punch in the nose. Damn hurt like crap!

I paid ten bucks and got some anti-inflammatory drugs to take for a few days and see if the pain settles down. If not, then it's harder drugs and blood tests etc. Not my idea of fun, but better than surgery!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Dunno if that's good or bad....or just IS, maybe?

Pretty soon you can start making old people noises!
:-D

3:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope things went ok at work today. You know we think you're a strong, strong woman who is sensible and reasonable, right? ;) We have faith in you!

As for the hand, I'm sure you know there are tons of things which mimic and/or exacerbate arthritis. Have the docs looked into a repetitive stress injury? Have they suggested any sort of physical therapy? Did they tell you exactly what was inflamed? Maybe getting a home paraffin wax thing might help ease the pain?

8:32 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*thinkin' of ya*

How'd the Monday meeting with the bosses go?

11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home