Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Separation, by a couple of degrees

I've been emailing with a guy for a few weeks, but I'm really not interested in boys at the moment, and he lives about 90 mins away, so we've only met twice. I hadn't had a chance to tell him that I didn't get the job with the oil company when I received a call from him a few moments ago.

He mentioned the name of the company to his dad, who also works in that industry and is MD of his company. His dad said he had not heard of that company until yesterday....when his secretary/PA/office manager lady, who's been with his company for 20-something years, resigned to take a position with them. The position I was going for. She's the one I was up against for the job. Bizarro coincidence, no?

Now? His dad needs a new assistant. I told this guy to give him my phone number so we could arrange a time to meet. The woman has given two weeks notice, which just about suits me perfectly. There wouldn't be any hand over at all, and it's not really the type of job I was looking for, but that's ok. Nothing like being thrown in the deep end and seeing how well you can swim. I'm not going to count my chickens, because I have a feeling the money might not be enough. However, I'm willing to have a chat and see what happens. You never know. He might know someone who knows someone...

Small world, huh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I LOVE the deep end of the pool!


(yeah, yeah, I know--sick and wrong! LOL)

4:37 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Marrying the boss' son...how very sitcom ;)

Good luck witht he interview!

9:25 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Mel, I don't mind the deep end as long as I can see the bottom.

Jones, it ain't gonna happen lol and I've made it clear. At least, I hope I have!

5:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home