Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I did it

I resigned yesterday. The meeting I had in the morning was as unproductive as I anticipated. As much as I had hoped it would solve some issues, and I tried to be as open minded and positive as possible, it was just evident that I wasn't being heard and I was never going to be heard.

So I typed up a letter and emailed it to my boss just before 4pm yesterday (Monday) afternoon. It's now 11.20am Tuesday and I have not had a response from my boss at all. That doesn't surprise me, though. It's pretty typical behaviour.

I have an interview tomorrow arvo with a small oil company for a role that's completely different from here. The money may be an issue, but I'll worry about that when I have to.

4 Comments:

Blogger caro said...

Good for you! I think this job has caused your way too much stress *hugs* Good luck finding another, I'm sure you'll have no problems!

6:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were so miserable in that job, I can't help but think ANYTHING has got to be better. How's your niece doing?

9:16 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I'll be thinking good, positive thoughts for you.

On to bigger, better things!

xo

1:59 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Your sanity is the issue and it sounds like you did what you needed to do for you.
For that, I'm ever so proud for you. I know whole bunches of people who'll stay miserable for the paycheck. I'm glad you're smarter than that.

*sending peacefilled, warm thoughts*

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home