Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blah

Just like last week, as soon as I finished my course yesterday, I started feeling unwell again. It's as if my body wants to shut down the minute it knows I have nothing to do. If I could just sleep for a week, I would.

I think I'm ready to admit that the over the counter stuff is not working and I need to go back to the doc once more. I've managed to remain relatively illness free this year, but this whole weather change thing (and, no doubt, all the work stress, combined with study) has totally knocked me about.

In a repeat of last Saturday's events, I got up early, went to class, did a workout at lunch time, went back to class and collapsed onto the tram home. I even fell asleep on the tram, which really is not advisable. Once through my front door, I threw myself on the couch and have endured a thumping headache, hot and cold sweats and difficulty breathing in ever since. I may as well have been eating M&Ms instead of pain killers for the use they've been.

It is now 2.42am. I woke around 11.30pm and I've been awake now since 1am on the dot. Anyway, no more complaining for now. I'll be at the doc first thing in the morning, or at least whenever it is I wake up and drag myself through a shower to make myself respectable.

I'm actually considering myself lucky at the moment. Walking home from the tram, I had to wait to cross the main road to get to my street. As I stood on the edge of the curb, a car pulled out of my street opposite and turned to drive past me. I have no idea why, but she pulled out directly in front of a car that had to slam on the brakes and skid to avoid her. How he missed her, I have no idea. They would have collected me if they hit. Literally seconds later (like 2 or 3) the exact same thing happened again. This time, a taxi pulled out from the street where I was standing on the curb, directly in front of the next car travelling down the road. The car hit the brakes and skidded. The taxi didn't realise there was also a parked car in front of him and hit the brakes and skidded. Again, if they collided, I would have been hit. It was crazy.

It was pretty warm today, but it's raining now. I've opened the window to my balcony and the blinds are noisily hitting against the window frame, because of the wind, but I don't care. The breeze is nice and it's cooling me down. The cats aren't impressed, though. It's 3am on the dot and I have the light on and the laptop going. I'm getting the, "We're trying to sleep, don'tcha know!" look. I guess I should try, too.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

::coughpregnantcough::

6:57 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Ohsaintspreserveus....

(((((((((Eve)))))))))))

He oughta be spanked for coughin' that...

1:18 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Um.....no. That's one thing that's definitely not possible. LOL

9:15 am  
Blogger consise10 said...

It's dangerously warm. Personally I miss the rain.

9:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

ROFL!!!! HAHAHAHA. Sorry, I know it's not funny... but it is to me!

Hope you feel better soon.

4:17 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I bet you vote for Howard on Saturday... he's your boyfriend :)

8:31 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hi Consise! Nice to see you!

Jones, if he's my boyfriend, he's about to get dumped. :D

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home