Monday, October 15, 2007

They did it.

They sacked my offsider....while I was in a meeting. In fact, they called me out of the meeting to tell me, because he "wanted to see you to say goodbye". Great. Also, too late. He wanted to see the day out to help me out closing some jobs off. Nope. Stupid HR chick told him to turn his computer off. They took so long giving me crap, made-up excuses why they got rid of him, that he left before I could talk to him. I told them I thought it was a bad decision. Trying to explain the justifications and how they think things are going to work now would take forever. Let's just say, it's going to be a nightmare and I am now officially in fast forward mode to get out of there.....again.

Afterwards, I discovered they'd stuffed up my pay in September as well, and took too much leave out, but a quick email sorted that out.

In a twist of perfect timing, I got a phone call and an email from a lady who thinks I'm just the best thing that ever walked into an office. She wanted to let me know she'd found a job I might be interested in. Unfortunately, the money is short of what I'm after by too much to consider it, but she's going to ask if they'll consider what I want. We'll see. I don't know what the company is, but I know it's very small, listed on the stock exchange and they're in gas and mining....all ideal to me.

It has been a long, crappy day, but I just got home from having my massage and acupuncture and I'm somewhat more relaxed. The microwave has notified me that dinner is prepared, so I'm going to eat that while I watch Australian Id0! and hope they boot off the guy I don't like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Oh geeze..... I'm sorry to hear the offsider is gone. Even sorrier about how it was handled.

10:12 am  
Blogger Mel said...

((((((( E )))))))

*thinkin' of ya*

11:36 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Australian Idol?

::shakes head::

Dude...

8:24 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Mel, the whole situation makes me want to shake my head till it falls off. It's ridiculous.

Jones, dude, you betcha! T and I are serious couch critics and we're tougher than the tv judges. :-D

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home