Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Insert catchy title here

I can't think of anything witty to call this post. I've been doing monthly accounts for the last three days and it's done my head in.

The grand plan, going through continual metamorphosis in my head, is to have some kind of combined cafe/personal training place. How it looks is pretty clear to me. Whether the focus will be on food or fitness, I haven't decided. Either way, now is the start of The Plan.

And so I've embarked on some extra edumacation. My first course is on 23 October, in which I'll learn how to make coffee. Apparently, there's a bit of an art to this, so off I'll go to learn the difference between a no fat, organic pumpkin spice, decaf soy chai latte, (I'm sure there's something like that out there!), and a macchiatto. After that, I get to do the cool course where they let you play with the coffee and make pretty pictures and swirly things in the froth with toothpicks. Then there's food handling, food safety, bar tending and responsible service of alcohol. .....eventually.

But that's not all. The 'Mouche has inspired me to literally get off my arse and do something I've thought about since the damn Army knocked me back (can you tell I'm still bitter about that?), but didn't really have the confidence to do. The 'Mouche, in his wisdom has almost completed a course at the Australian Inst!tut3 of Fitn3ss (I don't want googlers googling that and finding me). He is doing the course at their Spain campus and, although I'm ridiculously jealous of that fact, I think it's very cool.

I've also signed up and, despite the fact that it costs a freakin fortune and I'll be paying it back forever, I will be a Master Fitness Instructor by the end of April. Two nights a week and every Saturday, starting 5 November. In Melbourne. Not Spain. :-(

I have grand plans and a distinct lack of funds, but I'm hoping the will will help me find the way...and the money, and the building, and the clients....

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Wow.
WOW.

Fancy schmancy coffees!
Decaf soy?
*shudder*

Good ol' Folgers.
Will you have that?
Five scoops and water....voile!
Add a pinch of salt to the ground before brewing. I live by it, oh great Master Fitness Instructor!

Tell me there'll be the option of sipping coffee and exercising vicariously through someone else sweating. LOL

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! Someday when we make our way to Australia during our World Tour we'll definitely stop by for some coffee and sit-ups :)

I cannot wait to hear about all of the developments!

2:04 am  
Blogger caro said...

Oh wow, talk about some news!! I'm so excited for you, E :) I cannot wait to hear more about your adventures in pursuing this! *huge hugs*

6:31 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I'll stop for coffee. Sit ups? Not so sure! ;)

Way cool!!!

7:08 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

You mean a Mistress Fitness Instructor. With a stop watch, black leather boots and makeup like Cleopatra :)

And a Latte.

Good for you! You´ll love it!

8:42 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I feel some excitement brewing.

HA!

snicker...

groan.

Mel puts a pinch of salt in her coffee before brewing?? NEVER heard of that method...hmmmm....

Good Luck, E!! :-)

1:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The pinch of salt makes a big difference in taking the bite out of that caffeine!

Or you could just go with Kona Peaberry. Yum! HAHAHA. The price is ridiculous! *Snort* My brother and I treat ourselves to one bag at Christmas. (I'm still nursing mine.)

Hmmm. I wonder if they'll let me ship you a bag of beans. The ag laws here are kind of screwy. I'll have to look into that.

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home