Sunday, October 14, 2007

At the gym today

Me: Can I have a locker key, please?
Receptionist: Sure, do you have your pass?
Me: No, I've lost my temporary one and I'm waiting for the proper one.
Receptionist: So you don't have a pass?
Me: No, like I said, it's missing.
Receptionist (as she moves to the computer): So, do you have your name?

I soooo wanted to say, "No, I've lost that, too", in a serious tone, but I'm hoping to do some work there eventually, so I just said my name, got a locker key and walked away shaking my head.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

Knowin' I woulda patted my pockets and looked forlorn and claimed to have lost that, too.

You probably made the right call though. LOL I'm JUST antagonistic enough to not.

11:30 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Oh man, what an opportunity that would have been! Like Mel, I probably would have had to snatch that one right up, but I agree, you probably made the right choice ;-)

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home