Sunday, October 07, 2007

And I'm the blonde one!

I went out to a few bars with a girlfriend last night, for the first time in a long time. Consequently, I was home late and slept in. I ventured downstairs to get some breakfast after I heard my house mate up and about (not to mention the people who've just moved in next door, who had their music up so loud I was almost inclined to bash on their door and tell them off).

I turned towards the kitchen at the bottom of the stairs and was met with a scene that looked a bit like the marshmallow guy in Ghost Busters had died a horrid death all over our kitchen floor. Some kind of shocked noise must have left my wide open mouth, because it caused T to come from the next room and see what the fuss was about.

He could tell from the look on my face, I'm sure, that I was wondering what he'd done. Before I could say anything, he explained that we'd run out of dishwasher detergent, so he used regular dish detergent instead. The "I can't believe you did that!" look on my face, coupled with amused laughter was met with, "Don't laugh. It's logical. There was no dishwasher stuff left, so I used the other stuff".

Yeah, logical. So logical we now have a huge blanket on our kitchen tiles soaking up the evil marshmallow guy so he doesn't seep into the floorboards, causing us to require the whole house to be exorcised.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Even *I* can't beleive he did that.

Though....the girl isn't blonde and she decided 'powdered soap' is 'powdered soap'.

*shaking head*
Some people's kids, eh?

10:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that's awesome!! :D

And totally something I would do too.

10:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home