Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I need a new job

I'm not sure what came over me today, but I was in fine form.

I managed to make our whole safety department look incompetent, and piss off the boss and his PA of another department, because I brought up the issue they caused to make the safety department look incompetent...and that made them look incompetent, too. It was fun. "Hey, I'm just the spokesperson in this area (of the building), because I'm the only one prepared to say what everyone else is thinking." Yeah. I'll sit at my desk and stay quiet for a couple of days. Maybe.

Next, I managed to make a control freak (you ain't seen nothin' like it!) secretary in another state lose face with other staff members and our telco reseller, because she was chest beating and throwing around authority she does not have. So I had to put her in her place...diplomatically, of course. I'm sure there'll be an email for me tomorrow, copied to all the managers in the universe about how unfair the world is. It's happened before. I used to stress. Now I just pull rank. I don't like that I have to do that, but oh well. For this one, I got backing from my boss (hey, there's a first time for everything!), so I'm ready for the poop to hit the fan. And it will.

Aaaah, I'm so ready to leave this job. If I could just find another one...

15 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Melbourne needs coffee shops )

10:53 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

The thought process is there. The money, sadly, is not.

But, never say die...

11:17 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I may register the name (the FULL name lol), regardless. Just for fun. :-D

11:19 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

You better register it with me as a full partner of the name then, otherwise I might have to sue ;)

12:08 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just as long as you guys open the shop by the time I manage to get my Oceania backpacking trek organized.

Eh. I wish!

6:40 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

M, if I find a rich person who just wants to give me the money to set up, then leave me alone to run the place.... I'd pay them back eventually. :p

11:27 am  
Blogger SJ said...

You could always sell a cat

5:20 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Sell a cat!

Oh, g'on.......you know it could work!
I mean the coffee shop.
I'm in serious doubt about anyone wanting to buy a cat.

11:43 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Er, Ian, if I'm thinking I know what you're talking about, then Mel's talking about something completely different. Either way, I won't be selling my cat. LOL

10:36 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Um, no... I actually meant sell a cat... seems to me like you've already been thinking along other lines yourself though ;)

11:20 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

OMG!!!!

I meant CAT cat!
OMG OMG OMG!

OMG

CAT....as in c-a-t.

O
M
G

*going to the nearest closet to lock myself in*

10:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

ROLFMAO!!!

And snorting spritzer out my nose.

9:48 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I bet Mel really meant the other cat ;)

7:39 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

OMGosh....didnotdidnotdidNOT!

*going back to the closet with the lock*

Sheeeeeeeshhhh!

1:00 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I got a little snippy during my last meeting with my new group, then felt super bad about it because they're so nice.

I just hate people WASTING my time and the meeting started turning into a gossip-fest.

I'm sure they thought I was just having a bad day (which I was...) and seem to have forgiven me for being so snotty.

I hope you find a job you love. I really do.

3:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home