Saturday, September 15, 2007

Boys boys boys

It's raining men and it's BIZ-R to say the least!

Let's start at the very beginning. It's a very good place to start.... Got that song in your head now? Good. Better to be singing Julie Andrews than old-Spice. Anyway....

Nothing has eventuated with the guy I went on the blind date with and I can't say I'm bothered by that. He was nice, but 4 kids under 10? Ack! He sent me a text late this week, to say he was dating someone else. No idea why he wanted to meet with me, if that was the case, but no big deal. I had a good day.

I did meet one guy, D, at the speed dating and caught up with him on Wednesday night. Nice guy. We got on really well. We talked so much and for so long that we closed the bar we were at. The bar staff actually packed up chairs and cleaned tables around us and we finally got the clue that they weren't going to actually tell us to leave when they turned the music up so loud we couldn't talk anymore. The best thing about this guy is that when the conversation turned to sex (eh, it always does!), he said he, "can't be bothered at the moment". That went down very well with me, because those were the exact words I said to my house mate when he suggested that this guy might be my dessert for the evening. Um, no. There are no plans, but we'll catch up again, I'm sure.

While I was waiting for D to turn up, I got a phone call from a guy I was hoping not to hear from. I'd put his name down to contact me at the speed dating, then wished I hadn't. I don't want to call him to say I don't want to catch up (no, I don't know why I didn't just say it at the time), but I'm not sure which is less tacky - a text message or an email? Hmmm...

My offsider, D1 sent me a text about 10.15pm asking how the 'date' with D went. I got home about 11.30pm and was in the middle of sending him a reply when my phone rang. I missed the call and didn't recognise the number, but figured if someone was calling me that late, I must know who they are. I called back. The conversation went something like this....

D2: Eeeeeee.....!
E: Sorry, who is this?
D2: D! (same name as D1 who I work with)
E: Really? I was just texting you.
D2: Wow. Out of the blue?
E: No, I was replying to the message you sent me just after 10pm.
D2: I didn't send you a text.
E: Um....sorry, who is this?
D2: D. We met two years ago. We went on a date together.
E: Um....who? We did? I don't remember. (feeling really bad about it!)
D2: Yeah we went to the pancake place.
E: (finally starting to register) Aaaah... Ok, do you live in E....?
D2: Yep.
E: And you have a tattoo of elephants on your arm?
D2: Yes.
E: And you work in real estate?
D2: Well, I did. My band kicked off and we've been touring Europe for the last couple of years and we just got back. We're being played on (radio station) now. You want to come to our CD launch?

And after that, we agreed to catch up next week some time. I even posted about how I met this guy here. I felt bad not remembering him. He remembered all about me, my cats and some other stuff I'd totally forgotten about. I knew he was in a band, but they were just starting out at the time. I coulda been a band tour groupie for the last two years.... I feel all Avril Lavigne now. haha.

Next, I got a call from J. I hadn't heard from him in about two or so months. The guy is so wrong, but such a nice person. We talked about his girl situation and he told me about a girl he's seeing and one who wants to be with him, but he wants to just be friends. The girl he's seeing is in luuuurv with him - methinks they probably both are. But he's not there at all. He said, "there's something wrong with all the girls I know". I jokingly asked what in particular was wrong with me. His reply was, "Well, to be honest, there's nothing I can find wrong with you at all. Even my mates were asking about you the other day". Nice to have someone say that about you.

Then, and I'm totally serious, I got an email on matchdotcom from a guy on the Argentinian soccer team, asking me to email him back and he'd give me his phone number and his room number from the hotel he was staying in (that he told me the name of). All the guys I know told me I should take up his fine offer just so I could get them tickets to the game on Tues night. I didn't reply to the email, although I suspect at least half a dozen other girls might have. :-D

The same day, I had another guy emailing me to ask if I was adventurous enough to fly to Queensland to have dinner with him. I'm working on a negative reply to that one, although, again, my guy friends think it's a good idea. Go figure. Dude lives just near my mum. I could always go visit her if it went pear-shaped. Yeah, right...

Today, I got two emails within minutes of each other. The first from a guy in a wheelchair, who asked me twice if it bothers me that he's in a wheelchair and ended with "love S....". How does one respond to that???? The second one is a guy who started emailing me in May then suddenly dropped off the face of the planet. His subject line was "It's been a while (I'm not sure what happened?)". News flash - you stopped emailing. "How have you been babe ? I would still be interested to meet up with you. It would be fun. What do you reckon ? Book early to avoid disappointment ! I still have a vacancy for a coffee tomorrow if you would be interested ! I hope things have been going well for you." Seriously! To be honest, things are a little kooky on the men front right now and, no, I have no 'vacancies' tomorrow, even if you do. I'm going horse riding.

Is there a neon sign on me that says G moved out, or did someone post a newspaper ad?

To top it all off, I was made to do the chicken dance in public last night and did a conga line dance out of a restaurant and into an inner city street. Yep. This is what my life has become.

LOL!

8 Comments:

Blogger caro said...

I find this all very interesting. Never a dull moment in your part of the world, is it? :)

7:06 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I can just imagine you doing the chicken dance out in public.

And I always thought the lyric was, "It's raining men, hallelujah!" HEE HEE. Don't you know, there's ALWAYS a neon sign. Guys just seem to know when a gal has no time to be bothered, and it probably attracts some of them even more!

8:22 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Tramp ;)

12:55 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Caro, I would love a dull moment or two!

M, I think you're right. The 'back off' look must be appealing. :p

SJ, wasn't that the name of a boy dog in a movie? :p

6:25 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

All I can think is--
Doe, a deer, a female deer........

TOTALLY stuck in my head! :-P

Things sound very interesting and mostly fun! I just wish you could just print their damn names. The initials are killing me!

hugs!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*hanging on to my swirling brain*

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!


Auuuuuughhhhhhh!!!!!!!

12:57 pm  
Blogger thyst said...

Yes, that's the catch. Finding the one who is right for you.

hugs back at you

11:49 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Ah, who cares?? Enjoy every minute of it!

4:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home