Saturday, June 30, 2007

Removing the weight

So.... ironically, the only weight issue I have that doesn't involve decreasing numbers, is my body weight. Gym is paying off in that my body shape is changing and I'm looking better. The weight hasn't moved. I'm not so fussed about it now, because the body difference is becoming more evident.

Day to day at work, I do a number of tasks that are fairly small and don't take a lot of time individually. Together, taking into account that it's possible I can have 20 or 30 of these requests in a day, it takes up much more time than I physically have, and disallows me to get my 'real' work done. On Friday, I sent out an email to all the people who send through these requests, giving them the rights to do the majority of that work themselves. In the past, they've given me the jobs and I've passed on the request to the people who get them done. Now, they will go directly and I'll just be notified of the jobs when they're done. Sooo much pressure will be gone and I'll have more time to get my job done properly. I felt more positive about my job as soon as I hit the 'send' button. And I have two interviews on Monday with candidates wanting to be my full time offsider. I'm seeing a little bit of light, for a change.

I checked out a share apartment yesterday. It's closer to work, closer to gym, and $70 a week less than what I'm paying here. It's a really nice two storey, three bedroom place, sharing with one guy (who has his two kiddos over every Wed night and every second weekend). I met him and his kiddos, plus the girl who'll be moving out. They're nice people. There are a few downsides to the location (have to keep my car on the street, not all that much room for the cats to go outside, a bit of street noise from the bedroom), but for the financial saving, I'll deal with those. I'm nervously excited. I haven't shared with a male I don't know since 2003, but the guy seems nice enough and his kids are smart and seem fairly well behaved, so it might just work out ok. And I can start to feel a bit more financially secure again.

Finally, G is going on a holiday to NZ next Wed, for a week and is going to use that time to figure out what he wants to do about getting himself out of the mess he's in now. I hope, for his sake, he comes back ready to make the decisions he has to make, and follows through. And it'll give me a break from the whirlwind of drama I've been caught up in these last few weeks. Life shouldn't be so complicated. For me, it's not. I'm just sayin'...

4 Comments:

Blogger caro said...

So, the gym is paying off and work is good -- things seem to be going well! Good luck with the apartment situation! I really hope it works out!

6:28 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Regardless of what the scales say, the situational changes at work sure make you sound a whole LOT lighter.

*hugs*

11:09 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Scales are the minion of Lucifer

6:16 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha you should know, Jones. They're your scales that aren't budging! :-p

8:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home