Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quick update on the idea

G knew I was going to see the anti-me on Sunday afternoon/evening. He pretty much stalled our catch up time to make it difficult for me to go, considering it's an hour drive to J's place from mine. We were meant to meet at 12, have lunch, drop some pamphlets and go home. We met after one, had lunch, checked out a bookstore, bought books, checked out a sports store, bought shoes, had lunch, dropped by the gym, then dropped pamphlets till after 5. I was tired anyway, so I rang J and said I would go see him another time. To my surprise, J said he'd come to my place. G text me later to see if I was home, or out. I said J was over. Well...

He was all pouty and jealous on Monday morning at gym, even though he acknowledged he had no right to be that way. By last night, he was fine again, but confused by the fact that he got jealous. So...

It came about that I invited him over for dinner and we talked about things. He said he was serious about considering moving in if I got the townhouse I want to rent. Financially and logistically, it makes sense for both of us. Emotionally? I dunno. A bit of an intense conversation was had, with him finally saying, "I'm really confused. Please don't let me fall for you". Aaaarrrrrgggh!

Um...that's all I have time to post for now. Gotta get back to work. According to our accounts dept, yesterday was the end of the month (who knew?!), so I have financials to finish now that I thought I had a week to do. Yay!....not.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh boy. This G guy sounds like someone I know... um, can we say, "JON?" Chica, he has no idea what he wants, but he sure has no problems trying to have his cake and eat it to. This guy is looking for an excuse to break up with his girl and you're right not to encourage it, but he's too wishy-washy. Can you imagine how he would react if you did house-share and he did stay with K and J came over, even if just to catch up? This dude will snoop through your stuff, I guarantee it.

11:56 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ha, you're partly right. At least he does admit that his cake has a mind of her own and can do what I like, even if he doesn't like it. He says all the right things about wanting to make things work with K, but he's doing everything opposite to that. He sees it, but it's like he can't stop it. I'm waiting for the crash - coz there'll be one. He is very wishy washy at the moment. I could deal with sharing with him, coz I'm seeing the whole picture from an objective point of view - I'm not as invested as he is. He admits it may be difficult for him...yet still considers sharing an option.

12:14 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

This whole idea is a disaster waiting to happen

5:52 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

Try the end of the FISCAL year.

*looking at my own tail*
WHY do I have to chase you--answer me that?!

*shaking head*

((((((((((E))))))))))

Run away! Run AWAY!!!
(no, I'm not in the least BIT opinionated...LOL)

10:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with SJ - sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :\

Do you really need more (inevitable) drama in your life? It's really NOT pleasant to be sharing the same living space as some guy who has a major crush-type-thing on you and if your anti-me drops by (or any other guy for that matter) Mr Trainer can't guarantee he isn't going to get worse than pouty/jealous. And then you've got Mrs Trainer to worry about too... ugh, don't do it girly. Too many problems just bursting to come forth in that situation.

10:06 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Mel, this IS the end of our financial year. Sucks sucks sucks! I hate accounts. (Sorry, Ian!)

I know this is a potential mess. I'm trying to keep the situation balanced and logical. He won't move in. He's too much of a people pleaser and sharing with me would upset too many others, so he wouldn't do it, even though he's talking about it.

The whole situation is weird.

10:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowza.

Well, all I can say is that relationships with roommates are tough enough even without any outside drama. I hope you find your way to the best decision for you and your life and sanity. Hugs!

10:48 am  
Blogger caro said...

(((((((E)))))))

Ouch! This whole thing is starting to sounding a bit messy, but at least you are seeing it from a few steps back.

(((((((E)))))))

One day at a time, eh? But maybe you could start a slight jog in the direction of....away.

6:50 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*commisserating on the numbers crunch*

Hows come June couldn't have 31 days?!

10:07 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I'm with M. It sounds like the situation might be unpleasant. :) Best to suffer through living alone and spending too much money and looking for a better situation.

hugs,
a

9:31 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Well, some common sense has prevailed. Sharing is not an option. Now, I just have to find a stranger silly enough to rent with me.

11:34 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Glad common sense prevailed.

I'm just sayin' be careful.

that's it.

and this...xoxo

2:09 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

You could always call Tara ;)

5:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

OR you can move to Hawaii. :) I hear there might be an opening around here soon!

6:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home