Sunday, June 24, 2007

An idea

A good one, or a bad one, I'm not sure.

G and I letter box dropped pamphlets for his gym in an area of my suburb that's a little more wealthy than most of the rest of it. Last week, I was looking for a new place to rent and found one, going ridiculously cheap, in that area. I've made an appointment to see it on Wednesday night.

I have advertisements on two share accommodation websites to see if I can find someone who'll move in with me. G was impressed when he saw the place (2 storey, 3 bedroom townhouse) and asked how much I'd want the second person to pay.

I told him. It's less than what he's paying to share with his cousin at the moment and a lot less than what he was/is paying where he was living previously. He said he was seriously considering sharing with me. I suggested K (with whom I'm trying to help him stay together) might flip her lid over that idea, even though he's told her I'm pushing him in her direction.

He thinks it makes sense to move closer to work and pay less rent since he's not in the best financial position right now. I think it makes sense to have someone I know I get along with and who can tolerate me and the cats. Both of us would be paying less rent than we are now. Both of us would be closer to work. It would save me the drama of interviewing potential housemates and the stress of having to come up with the additional $$ if I didn't find someone straight away.

But is it a good idea, or a bad one? The pros and cons are about even. When push comes to shove, I doubt he'll follow through, but it was certainly an interesting conversation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

:-/

Lemme just be dumbfounded for a minute, will ya?

12:08 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Umm yeah, me too. Just wait for the update!

12:19 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Uh-oh.

6:41 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ya got that right, Jones.

9:25 am  
Blogger thyst said...

Update already would ya?!? Hhmmmph......

10:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home