Friday, June 08, 2007

Camping in the cold

Yes. It's winter. Yes. I'm going camping with a bunch of girls. Yes. We're going to freeze our arses off. It's possible it will rain. But it will be fun! And we're prepared.

We even have hammers, fire making materials (plus fire putting out materials) and an axe. Between just two of us, we have enough stuff for about 4 people, including almost 30 litres of water....you know, just in case we get lost in the wilderness and have to survive on berries and water.

Why would a bunch of girls go camping in winter? Coz we can! My sister rang tonight and asked if I was in "some sort of weird adventure group". Um...something like that....

S, who I'm driving up with, mentioned that it didn't have to be girls only and boys could be invited. And spoil the fun? Hell no! We'll talk about them instead.

Other than going camping for three days, I have nothing exciting to report. G came over last night and watched (half) a movie with me. We were too tired to watch the whole thing, so he left to go home just before 10pm. That's what you get when one person owns a gym that opens at 6.15am and the other gets to gym at 6.10am and bashes on the door to be let in out of the cold. Ya have to go to sleep early. I'm liking the being friends and not being intimate thing.

Oh, I broke my prone brace record at the gym...coz I know you all are sooo interested in keeping up to date with that. My first effort? 3 minutes, 3 seconds. Second effort? 4 minutes, 8 seconds. Made the guys spin out, coz they hadn't seen a girl do that before. (Yay me!) The best guy so far in our gym has done 5 mins 22 secs (except G, who did 6 mins 30 secs). It hurts. A lot. Try it, if you're into self inflicted pain. Not that I am, or anything....

Oooh, almost forgot. The charming manager who gave me a one line reply to my email had a closed door meeting with our team leader today. We didn't think that would bode well for the afternoon. Our team leader never has his door closed. When we got back from lunch, a few of us found out we'd been hand picked to have one on one meetings with that manager next week to 'air our grievances'. Hmmm... So that's what I'll be doing at 11.30am on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

Ok, I'm outta here. Have a good weekend. I'll be back next week with 'camping with the girls' photos.

5 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Marshamallows and Hersheys and Graham Crackers!!!

How can you ladies forget that staple for camping???
Oh don't forget the wet naps for when you potty around a bush or something. Don't wanna drip dry.

callie

11:08 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Sounds exciting! I hope you have a great time :) Bundle up, please!

5:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sooooo not a camper! But I hope you have fun--and I second Callie, s'mores are the only thing that make camping bearable!!

7:08 am  
Blogger thyst said...

Going to be roughing it myself this weekend. Although we will be sweating rather than freezing as the high today is 93F (33C).

2:17 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Congrats on breaking your record! You GO girl!

(heck if I know what a brone brace even IS! LOL)

And camping out at the Radison is my idea of fun.
G'head, call me a wuss.....

1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home