Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Something cheery

Before I started feeling like my stomach was in a vice, on Sunday, I went out to a fun park (that sounds kinda lame) with some girls and guys from my social group. We'd been looking forward to it for about a month, so most of us were a little hyped when we got there.

The first thing we saw was the kiddie sized bumper cars. We weren't allowed on those. The toboggan was next on the list. It went right up the side of the mountain and was more like a luge than anything else, except you sat up rather than lay back. We got on at the bottom of the hill and were dragged up on a pulley system. Once at the top, the pulley ends, and you're on your own, racing down the winding track. Um....there is a reason they have brake signs at some of the bends. Who came off at high speed? Uh huh, that would be me! *grins* I stacked it a couple of times on a sharp corner and went around it half on my arse, half on the board, but damn it was fun! LOL

The poor guys who were operating it really didn't know how to take us. The guys asked if we could go down in a 'train'. "You can, but you'll be kicked off." The girls all made them hold our handbags...over and over and over again. They rattled off the rules to us and tried to explain the rules. S replied with the quote of the day. She said, "Fun is not supposed to have rules. Fun is not supposed to be safe!" The ride guys laughed....and watched us more closely after that.

We were soooo looking forward to the go-karts. It was 90% the reason we went there. (I should mention that I had been so ridiculously on edge on the way to the fun park that I had to listen to classical music on the way, to calm myself down. Why was I like that? Honestly, I don't know, but I felt like I was going to snap.) So, I was keen on getting out in a kart and going as fast as I could, just to get a release.

Well.... I could have walked faster than my kart. Remember, I won the last time we went karting! By the second lap, after children were passing me, I knew I was getting irritated beyond any rational degree, so I pulled into the pits. The pit guy asked me why. "Because I could f'in walk faster than this piece of s**t!" I'm not quite sure why, because I was ranting too much to ask, but everyone else pulled in after I did....and we moved on to mini golf.

Mini golf was an experience. Even if you're good at regular golf, mini golf will screw with you. We figured out at the first hole that keeping to the 'no rules' policy would make it much more interesting. I got a hole in one, once. The rest of the time? Let's just say I looked more like I was playing hockey than golf. At one point, I had to stick my hand in some fresh pond scummy water to get my ball back, but tried not to think about it. Oh, and I fell into a bush trying to reach for my ball. We scared small children and their parents with our antics, but we had fun.

The next thing we made a beeline for was bumper boats. OMG! We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. It was like big, fat donuts with motors, in a swimming pool. It wasn't till we actually sat ourselves down in the boats - fully clothed! - that we realised they had spray buttons on the controls. They shot water out at whatever direction you were steering in. We.got.soaked! I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time. It was that uncontrollable, can't believe I'm doing this, laughter that makes your sides hurt. Thankfully, one of the guys had some towels in his car, so we tidied up our hair and faces as much as we could.

Of course, after that, we went straight back on the toboggan. One girl said she thinks we should hire out the whole place for a birthday party one time. Methinks someone should make that happen.

When we decided we'd had enough of the wind in our hair and water in our eyes, we went to the country cafe that some of us go to after horse riding. I think we need to work out some kind of arrangement with that place. They've got a lot of business from us lately! The food is good!

It was a way fun day....till my stomach started turning cartwheels when I got home. Almost time to ring the doc back about that.

But I'm glad I've made some good friends who are just as happy as me to be completely silly in public.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

At least you had fun before the uckiness took over?

(((((((((((E)))))))))))))

Rules?
WHAT rules?!
;-)

11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home