Monday, April 23, 2007

Ouch :-(

I'll get around to explaining what Dr Ruth has semi-diagnosed, sometime soon. For now, I'll just say the medication I'm on has started giving me less than pleasant side effects (which part explains why I'm awake and blogging at 2am).

First came the shooting pain across my chest and shoulder, that felt like I'd been stung by 10 jellyfish, but that went almost as quickly as it came. Since then (late this afternoon), I've had the worst stomach cramps that I've experienced in a long time and I'm rushing to the bathroom constantly - not going into details of that.

Nausea seems to be setting in now. She'll be getting a call first thing in the morning. Even if this is one of those things where your body gets used to it after a few days and things settle down, I'm not sure I can handle it much longer. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I've considered going to the emergency ward. I'd rather try to get some more sleep here, though, than in a brightly lit, freezing waiting room.

I had a fun day today. This is not fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger thyst said...

Sometimes the side affects are worse than the original complaint. I have often not taken medication for that reason. Hope you feel better soon. hugs

4:26 am  
Blogger caro said...

(((((((E)))))))

I hope you are feeling better soon, sweetie :( I know it's not fun, just know I'm thinking of/praying for you!

10:16 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Uh uh.
With those side effects, ditch the med.

Please?
You can chat with her later about it all, yaknow?

12:09 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I'm with Mel...

You shouldn't have to suffer like that, wondering if this will get better when your body gets used to it.

Hoping you're feeling better by now.

1:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having one heck of a week. I hate going to the doc and I really REALLY hate sitting in emergency rooms, but I can't imagine how you should have to sit through those sorts of side effects just waiting to settle into the drug...

If there's one thing I can't tolerate, though, it's nausea. Gak. I'd rather tough out just about anything else.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe some of that chocolate would help???

6:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home