Monday, April 23, 2007

The doc said...

That if it's the medication, then I'm one of the few who get these particular side effects so badly. I did mention the time I tried to go off the narcotics for the narcolepsy and those drugs made me incredibly sick as well. It's possible my stomach is just really sensitive to some medications.

Option number two is that it could be a coincidentally timed severe bout of gastro. If that's the case, I have another day or so to contend with. In the meantime, I have pills to stop the stomach cramps. Those have not kicked in yet, I'm afraid.

Option number three is that it may be my appendix. Yes, I'm sure you can imagine how pleased I was with that thought. After what felt like ages of poking and prodding my stomach, kidneys etc and concluding that I was in as much pain as I said I was, I made my way next door to have blood drawn.

I don't know why, but whenever I have blood drawn, I cry. It just happens. Walking in there at the speed of a snail, doubled over and clutching my stomach wasn't enough to give the woman the idea that I was already hurting. But she was sympathetic and told me that her impulsive crying happened if she had to be in hospital for any reason. That made me feel like slightly less of a loon, but still...

I find out the results tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight than last night. Staying home from work tomorrow is not an option, since Wednesday is a holiday. Three days off and it'll take me over a week to catch up, even with Travis there.

Oh, and M, I never want to look at chocolate again! Just the thought of it is making me ache. I forced down an apple today and some toast for dinner, because I knew I had to eat. Chocolate? I'd need to keep a bucket beside my bed. :-p

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Freak ;)

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mind Mouche the * cast the first stone thrower* He is the biggest freak out of all of us.. *winks

I hope you get to feeling better.. Is it possibly you think- your nerves..Are you just stressed about anything to the max???

callie

11:59 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Well, I'm glad you saw a doctor.

And I'm hoping it's not the appendix.
Or gallstones...cuz they're horrid.

Be safe and lay off the chocolate?
And feel better!

8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home