Friday, April 13, 2007

A conversation with my boss

He's not often in our office and he usually doesn't have time to be 'chatty' when he is there. I think I surprised him in a meeting with a this morning by being more aggressive (did he call me harsh? or cutthroat? maybe both...) about something than he probably thought I was. Perhaps that is part of the reason he was more...I don't know, but I know he took more interest in my day today (and was surprisingly full of praise about things I'm doing).

I hadn't seen him for a few hours, then this afternoon he started walking over to me from his office and said, "So, are you in the market for a husband?" Yeah, just the sort of thing you hear every day from your boss. :-|

I replied, "Well, I'm not sure. All men are no good, aren't they?" Probably shouldn't have said that, but it was out of my mouth before I realised. I asked why. He presented me with a magazine open at an article of the 50 (0r 100?) richest men in Australia.

Boss: Look at these. Some of those figures (the dollars, not the men) are obscene!
E: Yes.
(We agree that there is such a thing as having too much money and discuss why.)
E: Do you know any of these people? Personally?
Boss: No I don't.
E: Well, that's no good to me then, is it?

I'll be asking for a salary increase soon. If he's not completely positive about it, I'll remind him of our conversation and that I don't have a rich husband, and I need to become filthy, disgustingly rich on my own, so I'll need a pay rise to help achieve this. Fair enough, don'tcha think?

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'm on that list!

Oh wait - that was The 50 Most Avoidable Men in Ausralia...

:)

8:43 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Has the travelling and the cold weather gotten to you? You're not in Australia anymore, Dorothy! :-p

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to be my sugar mama, but I haven't had any success so far :P....

1:27 am  
Blogger caro said...

I hate that I have to do this, but I think I'm going to be making my blog available to a very select few. I really don't want to cut you out, but apparantly I need an email address to send an invitation, which I think it totally ridiculous. Regardless, you can email me through my blog profile if you want. Ugh

7:37 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL @ Kyle.

Caro sweety, I replied to your email/comment. x

7:43 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhhhh....I'm sooooooo proud of you for such a smooth tactic!

*snickering*

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home