Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Snap

I've realised I feel incredibly on edge lately. I'm starting to work my way out of social commitments I've made. I feel anxious when I'm invited to be social.

My body and mind are worn out. The guys I work with are starting to delegate jobs they'd normally give me, to each other, because they know how much I've got on - even with Travis helping me out. It's nice that they recognise the pressure I'm under and are doing their bit to ease it, but it also makes me feel slightly incapable. I know I shouldn't feel that way.

Part of me thinks that I'm working my arse off as it is. Another part of me thinks that will reflect badly on me; something I really don't want, because I intend to ask for more money soon. I agreed to a salary based on a role not even close to what I'm now doing - with no experience.

I am tired. So very tired. Mentally and physically. Everything is annoying me and I'm not sure how to get out of this stupid funk I've found myself in. It's like the momentum of work and social stuff has been propelling me for a while now and it's catching up and I want it to just s.t.o.p.

I'm going to cancel the long weekend plans I had. I've already been invited to join the plans of two other people.

I want to just be alone. And yet, I don't.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Selfish me....I'm just reminded on why I don't 'like' being 'social' and I'm glad for it.

I now suppose this will be followed by wisepersoninmylife giving me a 'social' assignment...unless I lie.
So....LOL.....I'm thinkin' I'll lie.
Shhhhh....

Blow bubbles!
Take a duckie bath?
Colour on the patio sidewalk...and then take a nap?

11:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mel's got some great ideas there, as usual!

But I know that sometimes things have a way of creeping up. Eh. Maybe give yourself some alone time this weekend and then force yourself to do something social next? Don't know about you, but some days I just don't want deal with myself, if that make any sense.

7:55 am  
Blogger thyst said...

Sounds like a weekend of me time....or maybe anti-me time? Two lumps vegging on the couch with a stack of movies and take out sounds like a possibility.
.
Many hugs.

11:19 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I can't believe how much you sound like me right now... how can that be?

::I am tired. So very tired. Mentally and physically. Everything is annoying me and I'm not sure how to get out of this stupid funk I've found myself in.::

i could have written that.

here's hoping you find your way out of your funk. and while you're at it? find my way out of mine for me, too!

what's mel got to say? oh, yes. duckies. bubbles. nap.

if only i had the time...

hugs to you, E!

1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pretty much feel the same. Hope you feel better....

12:47 am  
Blogger caro said...

(((((((E)))))))

I know the feeling, but I hope you get out of the funk soon. Take a nap, it always makes me feel better :)

(((((((E)))))))

3:56 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Annoying cats always makes me feel better :)

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home