Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sun(ny)day

Good mood. Not so good mood. Good mood. Not so good mood. Too much time to kill. Too much time to think.

I finally invested in a DVD player yesterday afternoon. A complete impulse buy. I thought it would be a good distraction, spending time setting it up and getting it all connected. Five minutes later I was done. *taps fingers and thinks* I watched Criminal Intent then went to bed.

I bought March of the Penguins a couple of weeks ago. On the back of the case, it mentions it's a love story of sorts. Probably not the sort of thing I should be watching, especially today. Happy should-a-been anniversary to me. Anyway....

For some insane reason, I've been waking up a lot earlier than normal lately. Today, I was wide awake at 6.21am - on a Sunday! - but forced myself to stay in bed till around 8. That's about 3 hours more than I'm used to having on a Sunday and a lot more time to fill. I've found some things I can look into to keep me distracted in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll get to meet some new people too.

But today, I wasn't fussed on really going anywhere. So I did a core strength workout that says it takes ten minutes, even though the dvd goes for 30 minutes. Next, I did a body conditioning yoga dvd that went for just under an hour, in which I remember just how much it can hurt when you're just getting started. Good thing I've got another massage appointment tomorrow.

Since I haven't been able to use my courtyard for the last 6 months, due to the cold Melbourne winter, I've been trying to get the most out of the unusually sunny weekends we're having. So I spent a couple of hours sleeping in the sun.

What better way to finish off a workout and a sleep in the sun than some nice food, right? Nothing like a WW chocolate pudding and a cup of tea while you settle into phase two of the afternoon, watching The Jewel of the Nile on tv.

On another note, without wanting to jinx myself, I hope to have some good job news by the end of this week. I'm feeling good.

My heart's still sad, but my body's feeling better.

(Anon G, I just read your message in the other place. I didn't write there coz I wasn't sure anyone checked it anymore. If any of you do still check in there, let me know and I might give more details about stuff.)

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I don't trust Big Cy

8:19 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*cough cough*

Well, ONE of us had to have a semi-productive weekend!

My body is sad......LOL....and my mood--piffy.
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

5:12 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I like the way you sound, E. Good mood, bad mood. Impulse buying,cuppa tea, job news, good body.

You're putting one foot in front of the other and doing a great job of it.

(((((((E)))))))

p.s.I'll read that other place, if you feel like writing.

xo

2:01 pm  
Blogger monica said...

PS, I'll read anything you write too.

2:26 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

me too. and i've changed my own mind about not writing anymore, so i'm still around. march of the penguins was amazing, i wouldn't exactly call it a 'love story'... lol I'm curious too, who is the narrator in your version - American version has Morgan Freeman but it's a french made film so i imagine they have someone else. did you end up seeing it?

2:03 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Watch the penguins!! Watch the penguins!!!!

:-)

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home