Friday, October 13, 2006

Land on the horizon

It occured to me today that I haven't heard back from the people I interviewed with in the Amityville house on Tuesday. I'm glad.

As for the interview I had that afternoon, with the agency, I had a first round interview with the client today and it went really well. As much as the role is daunting and makes me a little nervous, it would be good for me socially and financially - two things that could definitely do with some improving right now. If they liked me, I'll see them again early next week to talk in more detail.

This morning, I had an appointment with another agency and she's already put me forward for an interview with the client on Monday at lunchtime. The company is national and well known and would be good to work for.

I'd prefer the first one, for a variety of reasons, but the fact that things seem to have suddenly turned around for me on the job front in the last week or so, makes me feel a lot more reassured in a number of ways. Hopefully, this is the point where things have finally started to turn around for the better. It'd be nice.

As an aside, I just wanna know.....Where the hell did all these damn bugs and spiders suddenly appear from? OMG! My house has become inundated in the last week with crawling things and flying things of varying revolting descriptions. I even have an old shoe placed next to the door to squish spiders as they come in from the garden. That's how many there are! It's like all the characters from Antz and a Bugs Life have come to live with me - except they're not cute and they don't have American accents, as far as I can tell. Ok, so they don't live long enough to talk. I don't know what their accents are.

It's been unnaturally hot lately (hottest October day yesterday in something like a hundred years) and with the heat, the bugs have arrived. Time to start putting the airconditioner on. I'll freeze their little arses all the way back out to the garden if I have to.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Maybe the people in the Amityville house thought you weren't good enough for them ;)

The weather's been beautiful lately - but hell since I'm stuck in an office. Of course, now it's the weekend and it's supposed to rain. Great.

I bet the bugs do have american accents. Next one that comes in, you need to talk to. See if it will plead for its life in a regional American lilt :)

7:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA! You got bugs! And spiders! HA HA! Now I don't feel like I'm the only one out there in blogland. :p~

We went "spring spraying" yesterday all around the perimeter of the house... So many bodies everywhere now. :\

BTW, I think it's weather related too.

8:03 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

SJ, they won't be coming in anymore. I uninvited them and to make sure they got the message, I sprayed some super strength 'instantly kill anything with 6 or more legs' stuff all around my doors and windows. Let's see the little buggers try to get past that!

E, there are dead bodies here too. As long as they're outside, I don't mind.

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home