Friday, August 05, 2005

It's confirmed

Now I know why I am the way I am.







I posted way back about a fly swatter thing my dad got for his birthday from my stepmum, and mentioned that my stepmother had made me a coathanger as a birthday gift last year.

I got my b'day present from my mother today - delivered to work.

It came in a huuuuge paper envelope. My boss' secretary joked that it was a big, woollen quilt. Unfortunately, she was right. It's not only big and woollen, it's also this colour purple, which does not and will not go with anything in either of our rooms, but it's also made for a double bed and we have two queen sizes in our house (yeah, A is spoilt, he has my old bed!). It's soft, and fluffy and probably really warm, and I do like purple. It's just not......me.

I told my boss' secretary that next time she guesses what's in an big-arse envelope addressed to me, she should guess it's a bucket load of money.

She also bought me an umbrella. Not just any umbrella though. A raining cats and dogs umbrella. It's small, black and has white drawings of cats and dogs alternating on each section. I can't find a picture of one anywhere. Cute, but I already have a big, beautiful umbrella of a Monet painting. But it'll be good to keep in C's car for A if we ever need it.

The third thing she sent is a little Angel Worry Box (a bit like this, except that mine is red, more square and a little taller, but I couldn't find one like it online).














It says:

The Angel in this box
is the guardian of your heart.
Give her your worries
and your fears
so hope and peace can start.
Keep this box nearby you
and know how much she cares
for when you need love and joy
your Angel will be there.

Now that I like. Rather ironic, though, if you ask me, but I like that sort of thing. The Angel is clear glass, with a gold halo and it's holding a big red glass heart. Kinda nice. I'm just not sure a box that small will really hold all my worries.

I haven't read the attached card yet. I'm a bad daughter.

5 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

The angel thing does sound cool, I like those sort of things too. As for the other gifts, sometimes you just wish they wouldn't bother, ya know?
Hope your day is fantastic!

(((((((((((((E))))))))))))

a

2:35 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Hey! When was your birthday and why didn't we go out drinking??

3:23 pm  
Blogger monica said...

interesting...

maybe the quilt can be used as a throw?

it's so odd for me to think of an August birthday as a winter baby... LOL.

7:10 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Sorry I missed your b-day! I've been up to my eyeballs in work and gadgets. :)

Hey, leave your email address on my blog next time you comment (it doesn't show, but it will allow me to respond to you!)

I hope this is the best year you've ever had. I sincerely wish that for your birthday.

12:29 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ian, 'twas my birthday on Sunday. If I'd have had any money the last couple of weeks, I'd have done something. We have to catch up soon though!

3:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home