Monday, January 10, 2005

No wonder I'm the way I am

E: Happy birthday, Dad
Dad: Thanks, you just caught me and V (step mum) doing yoga.
E: Oh, ok, sorry.
Dad: It's ok. We look pretty silly. We're half naked.
E: Ok, that's too much information, you know.
Dad: Haha, well I have underwear on and V is wearing a bit more.
E: Really, don't tell me anymore. You're scaring me.
Dad: Yes, that's what A (my brother's girlfriend) said when she rang.
E: OMG...aaaaanyway, so what'd you score for your birthday?
Dad: Oh, it's very exciting. It's a flygun.
E: A what?
Dad: A flygun. It kills flies without squishing them. I've been using it all morning, but there aren't any more flies. I'm waiting for some now.
E: Hmmm, that's just bizarre, but at least you're having fun.
Dad: Oooh yes!
E: Oh, before I forget, I'm moving in with C at the end of Feb.
Dad: It's that serious?
E: Yeah, it's all good.
Dad: Is he going to marry you?
E: Next time you talk to him, you might have to ask him yourself.
Dad: Your sisters want to know if he has a brother.
E: Yeah, but he's married, with kids.
Dad: Happily?
E: Yes, happily.
Dad: So how old is C again?
E: He's 38.
Dad: Hmmm, that's a good age.
E: So, you get anything else for your birthday?
Dad: Just the flygun, but your sisters are here and we're going to lunch.

Gotta love it. He's so easily pleased. Apparently, he's sent my Christmas present to my brother. Nothing ever gets sent to me, coz nobody ever knows where I'm living. Dad tells me my present is 'quirky'. Coming from a guy who's rapt to get a flygun for his birthday and who gave me a knitted coathanger (yes, really!!) for my birthday, 'quirky' kinda scares me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..flygun..never seen that one before. my dad had one in the shape of a tennis racket with batteries that you swung at flies and zapped them.

5:21 pm  
Blogger monica said...

ROFL. An $8 fly gun and he's fascinated? OK, a little different but not so bad. But a coathanger? I'd be wondering and worried about that Christmas present too!

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home