Monday, July 11, 2005

Forced rest

I'm going into hospital tonight for my sleep study. It's no big deal, but just having to go to hospital makes you feel a bit like you're sick or broken in some way, even if you feel perfectly fine.

Thankfully, it's only costing me $60, not the hundreds of dollars like the woman in the example from my last post paid. That's for the overnight testing. Tomorrow's is taken care of by Medicare.

I've bought a couple of books to read and they reckon "there are over 100 movies you can watch" while you're there. I wonder if any of them are worth watching. I wish I could take my laptop. Pathetic really, huh?

It'll be like going to a hotel for the night....except that I'll have wires stuck to my head and limbs and up my nose all night, I'll be watched with video cameras for the duration, there won't be a corner spa and I won't be able to steal any fluffy slippers, and C will have to go home at 8pm.

At least they're supplying breakfast. I'd hate to have to go to a cafe for breakfast in my pjs, with wires stuck up my nose and glue in my hair.

Yeah, this is gonna be fun. If I can keep my phone with me, I'll take some photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Hugs! It can't be as fun as a luxury hotel, but hey- with 100's of movies, there might be a couple worth seeing.

Can't wait to have you back! ;)

So do you get more drugs now?

12:58 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

i couldn't help but snicker at your descriptions, E!

hope it went well and that you actually slept, so they could study you! (and offer some help)

xox

2:50 am  
Blogger SJ said...

If I'd known you had your phone with you I would have called you every 20 minutes just to say "You asleep yet? You asleep yet? You asleep yet?..."

7:45 am  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Come on drugs, come on drugs!

;)

xo

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home