Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I like.....bats

Had another date night last night. We went to the same hamburger place as last time, then went and saw Batman. I liked it. It was pretty dark and more violent than I thought it'd be in some places.

What neither of us could get over was the number of small kids there. The film was rated M ("These films contain material that requires a mature perspective"), but there were kids there well under 10 years old. One had a booster seat so she could see over the seat in front of her.

One of the opening scenes is a pretty full on jail yard fight. C and I noticed kids that looked like they were actually cowering next to their parents. Way to go parents. Look forward to the nightmares.

I like Batman. I always have. I have a gold ring in the shape of a bat that was made for me for my 17th birthday by an ex boyfriend. It's one of my favourite things. Now that I think about it, maybe I'll get a bat as my next tattoo.

I'm really starting to like these date nights. I'm glad we're continuing to make the effort to do the little things to stay connected. We were going to go away for the weekend and stay in a b&b somewhere, but we decided against it. Instead, we're going to spend Saturday night in a fancy-schmancy hotel in the city.

Over the next couple of months, we've got a ski trip, exclusive theatre tickets, and a ten day trip to the Gold Coast, not to mention anything else that comes up in between now and then. (We did already turn down another ski trip.)

I'm starting to feel like I already don't have any money, but I suppose the most important thing is that we're spending all the fun coupons we've worked for. I don't feel guilty anymore for getting out and having fun and enjoying myself (ourselves). I earn my fun coupons.

2 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Wow! We pretty much decided on that one last night! It looks great! :-)

2:26 pm  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I want to see Batman because I'm in lust with Christian Bale. mmmm ;)

My best girl friend took her then-3 year old to see Harry Potter 3, in spite of the fact that I told her that the dementors were easily frightening up to at least the age of 8 (especially the sucking out the soul bits where you could see the mouth that didn't really have flesh), and that it involved a homicidal maniac breaking out of prison to apparently find and kill Harry, plus the part where a hippogryph is apparently decapitated by a masked executioner.

She said "he knows the difference between reality and make-believe". First off, this is the kid who thinks that Transformers live on another planet someplace, and secondly...not the point! He still had nightmares for weeks afterwards!

She still insists that 3 is a fine age to take him to anything because "he doesn't understand what's going on anyway"

grrr.

Sorry for long comment--pet peeve. Enjoy your fun times and date nights, you deserve every minute! xo

6:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home