Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Close to snapping

My sister called again to find out if a removalist had called me. Yep, he did, but since the time I could get to my storage place and the hours they work didn't match, there was nothing they or I could do. So she hangs up.

Five minutes later my mum rings me telling me how my sister rang her in tears and that I was being cold and nasty and that I'm cruel and going to turn out like (my father), who, by the way, is the nicest, most caring person.

I say it'd be nice for someone to thank me if I'm going to give my sister my stuff. Mum says I'm being mean and that I told my sister to not call me. No, I told my sister to get the transport guys to call me because it was stupid to go through my sister to work out the details.

Then I almost fall over. My mum starts crying about how my poor sister has tried so hard and has lost everything and I have everything and I have someone to look after me and she has nothing. She said, about my sister, "she's my baby, she's my first born I'm just so sad". WTF about your youngest daughter, who nobody in the family has ever helped?? Then, apparently I lied to her about not having a lounge suite. No, I said I might be giving it to someone else, but I never said I didn't have one. So now it looks like I'm furnishing my sister's whole house.

My middle sister owes K money. K was going to use that to pay for the transport of my stuff. I'm like, "well don't you think it might be an idea that instead of spending that money to transport my stuff 4 or 5 hours, that she might get more use out of it buy going to a second hand place in her town and finding something there and having it shipped for $20?" That, according to mum, will appear to my sister that I am mean and don't want to help. Well, partially, but it's a much more freakin smart and practical idea than what they expect to happen right now.

Then mum says the house she's buying has a leather lounge that she's going to send my sister (two states away). I say well why not sell the damn thing and send her the money rather than spending money to send it to her? Huh? Is that too hard to freakin work out?

OMG, I am so mad and I can't believe that, at 45, my sister is still calling my mum to tell on me when what she hears isn't what she wants.

I swear I'm about one conversation away from putting it all down on paper and telling them all to pull their heads in.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Me thinks I'd have to kill them... I'm so sorry they're such incredibly selfish people right now.

It's hard to say no to family because you love them.

12:46 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Makes my blood boil just reading this, E!

eesh!
no advice, just (((hugs))) for now...

12:56 am  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I wish there were something I could say, but until I get things sorted out with my dad, it would be hypocritical for me to pretend I had any advice.

just (((((hugs)))))

5:29 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Indif, I know what you're saying. The dynamics between me and the rest of my family is the primary reason I'm in counselling now....in order to find out what is going to be the best way for me to deal with them in future and to also try to accept what they've done to me in the past.

Unfortunately, I played the adult role since long before I was one. It builds up a lot of resentment. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get past all that and keep my own sanity intact. I'm still torn about whether or not I care about theirs.

Thanks for commenting though. I appreciate it.

3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home