Monday, January 10, 2005

Officially cohabiting

It went kinda like this...

It's almost midnight, I'm watching him eat dinner...long story...)
C: So, do you think we should move in together?
E: thinking...well you're not moving anywhere, you live here. Um...I think if you don't take chances, you never know. How was that for avoiding the question? hehe
C: Well... waffles on about my job and other stuff for a bit ...I think you should move in.

I think I'd mentioned on here that I brought up the subject one night last week and he'd asked me to remind him to talk to me about it. I didn't. On purpose. I didn't want to pressure him in any way.

He said he'd been thinking about it for a number of weeks. I think we've both had a whole multitude of reservations. His ranging from the effect on A to the slight burning he got the last time he cohabited. Mine range from losing independence to...well just plain ole fear.

There are a lot of things we haven't talked about yet, like my monetary contribution, how much of my furniture I bring with me (or rather, don't), what we'll do about bills, et al. I know we'll talk about them soon. For now, I'm still getting my head around the fact that I can finally put things in drawers and not live out of a backpack anymore. I need to do this slowly.

A weight really has been lifted from my shoulders, though. I've been feeling really displaced not knowing if I should keep my place, look for a new place, or if we'd decide that I'd move in with him. And I get quiet and introspective (see: stop talking and start thinking) when I'm feeling out of control. He's been pretty patient with me, the last couple of weeks.

It all feels good and right, though. It doesn't feel as rushed as one would expect, being that we've known each other less than three months. Does that time frame bother me at all? Hmm...I was going to say "slightly", but it doesn't really. Probably bothers other people more. I don't care. If it felt in any way wrong, or rushed, or that something wasn't right to either one of us, we'd say it.

It's not like we've been seeing each other only one or two days a week, like one would normally presume with a new relationship. Still, I can't believe I'm actually moving in with a guy again. It's been two and a half years since I moved out from my ex and here I am, about to do it all again.

The thing I find really amusing is that my ex works for one of the major telcos here and C works for their main opposition. Trust the geeky chick to find boyfriends in the same industry, albeit doing different geeky jobs.

Aaaah.....here's to a new year and a new life huh? I gots me some packin' to do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

I'm so happy for you, my friend.
Will be back with more soon...
hugs hugs n more hugs (to you both!)
R

3:01 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

YUCK... I hate packing.. but shoot, it's for a great cause!
xoxo

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home