Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Homeless

Imelda came home, thankfully. And my poor little beaten up girl is doing ok. She let me give her the first of her tablets this morning without too much fuss. Just gave me a "why are you doing this to me?" look. She's limping quite a bit and looks a bit frustrated that she can't go outside and play, but both of them are sooo grounded for the rest of the week!

After my totally crapola day yesterday when I posted, it got even better. The normally easy 35-40 minute drive to C's place took almost an hour and a half. There was no reason for so much traffic, it was just insane. And despite driving most of the way up the highway in first gear, I did manage to almost drive right up the arse of the car in front - had to brake so hard my tyres screeched. Oops! I did apologise to him for giving him a mild heart attack - when I started breathing again. The best bit? It was right on the stretch of road outside C's work! Yikes! Ha, but he'd left work early and was caught in traffic somewhere else.

By the time I got to C's place, I was cursing life in general and had analysed the entire world. I decided I was technically homeless and I was a bad mother to my four legged children and I was going to be perpetually broke forever.

We watched Amelie, but by the time I went to bed, I was going nuts. I got up to read at about 1am, coz I couldn't sleep, fell asleep on the couch and woke up again at 3.30 and went back to bed. I didn't talk to C when he woke up to get ready for work. Usually, he can't shut me up, so eventually he came and asked what was up. I told him I felt homeless and that I was a bad mother. He said I'm not a bad mother, I just have difficult kids. Ok, so that made me a bit more cheery. We're gonna talk about the homeless bit tonight.

Two months today since our crazy first date. Time flies, huh?

Oh, and tomorrow night we're having our first official 'invite the neighbours around for drinks and finger food' event. Ugh, this means I have to brave the supermarkets and shopping centres again - and not go home empty handed. Is it illegal to spray other shoppers with capsicum spray if they piss you off? Just asking...

4 Comments:

Blogger Bradley Robb said...

I'd recommend a cattleprod. See if you can get one delivered overnight from an online store. Cattle Prod's have a way of visible showing just where your bubble is.

2:05 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Ok, first of all I'll say this and take the flack - I hate cats. I've always hated cats. And they hate me. A year and a half ago my housemate's cat ran away and she spent days searching the streets for it. I just thought "good!" (Ha ha, I'm so heartless!)

Now to other things - so, first public event as a couple? Hmm, serious stuff. People will be expecting engagements to be announced...

7:04 am  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I'm such a bad friend, I've not even posted a comment in a couple of days. erg. lol
But I'm glad the children are home and safe, and I'm with Sal...the whole world seems to have gone mad, so try to breathe through it (and if you figure out how to work these things out, you make sure to let me know, my lease is up in February, too)
hugs,
R

12:30 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I never did mind about the little things - Bridget Fonda, from The Assassin

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home