Monday, December 20, 2004

Baaaad day

Ok, so on the scale of things, it's just been a complete bummer of a day, but since I haven't had one recently, I'm sulking big time.

First of all, it's Christmas and I hate shopping and shoppers at the best of times, but I swear, if you have NO idea about what you want, get the hell outta the shops! Do not dawdle, do not stop dead in your tracks when people are trying to get past, do not walk the wrong way down the aisles (ok, so technically there is no wrong way, but if you're going against the traffic, it's the wrong way!), and do not stand three across and walk like sloths when there are people on a mission behind you, who are about to strangle you, drop you to the ground and walk over you in an effort to leave said shop.

Second, my cat, newly christened Imelda because of her freaky shoe fetish, was not home when I got here this morning. This means she's been gone all weekend. Slight need for concern, but I'm not too stressed ....yet.

Third, I am home no longer than an hour when I hear god-awful noises on my roof. My other cat is up there being beaten sensless by another much bigger cat and I literally have to get up on the roof to chase it away and get her to come down. Yes, I scaled the roof to defend my child. The things ya have to do!...

Then I go to the closest vet, because she's breathing heavy and limping. "Did you make an appointment?" "No, I freakin don't have ESP, so I didn't know my cat was gonna get terrorised today, but hey, I'll call next time I have a premonition, ok?" Well I wanted to say that. "It's after 12 and you should have called. We're not taking any new patients for a couple of months." "Um...she's just been attacked, you can't take a few minutes to look at her?" "You should have called."

As I walk to the door, doing the 'talk to the hand' sign, with smoke coming out my ears, she's still carrying on. Ok bitch, yeah you're busy yapping to two other people at the counter, oh but wait, it's after 12! It's a freakin Monday. A weekday. As far as I'm aware, there ain't nothing special about Monday 20 December, so what the frig does it matter if it's after 12 or not? You're open till 5pm you miserable witch! But that's ok, I wouldn't want your evilness anywhere near my cat anyway. Hope you get coal in your stocking this year. So much bad karma being sent in that direction!

So I'm a little stressed by the time I see vet number two. Vet number three would have been my regular vet, but they're a distance away. At first, vet number two does not look promising. Bring on the waterworks, because I'm so mad and frustrated with vet number one. In the end though, she says my girl can stay with them while they finish off a surgery and they'll call me later. $125 later and my girl is looking better, with tablets and injections. Just gotta keep giving her drugs for the next four days....and keep her inside....which will prove hard because I have to keep the garage door open in case Imelda decides to rock on home again.

So back down to the shops to try to get some photos developed off a USB stick. Why the hell doesn't anybody do this? Oh, sure, off a card, but not a USB stick. Is nothing ever freakin easy?

And my mobile is now officially dead. Well it lets me send the occasional message and I can receive one every now and then. Perhaps it'll let me take a call for a minute or two, but no longer than that. The guy at the shop says it's most likely the battery. Cool, I'll get a new one. Nope. Nobody sells them. I have to buy a whole new damn phone. Yippeee!

C asked me if I wanted to stay here at my place tonight because of the whole drama with my cats. To be honest, I can't wait to get out of here. I hate it in this place now. I hate all the bad crap that's happened with my landlord, with moving in, with my cats always getting beaten up, my crazy neighbours who fight constantly. I just wanna be gone.

I have accomplished nothing today and I'm so mad. I just wanna go to sleep.

....after I punch something...

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Oh alright then, you can punch me. Well, why not - the rest of the world seems to be doing it right now!

10:15 pm  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

I'm with you on your first para, all those people getting in your way, I think I'll probably shop like Madonna next year just ask the stores to open up for me on the quiet times.

I too get soo pissed when thimngs that seem locically simple like the usb stick seem like something unimaginable to the rest of the retards that people this planet, and yes I too seem to buy phones etc that seem to be obsolete 3 days after buying it.

1:32 am  
Blogger Mia Goddess said...

E - I'm so sorry, but when you're having a bad day you should try not to be so damn funny! I was torn between sympathetic noises and laughing out loud. My apologies, but I do blame you. xoxo Mia

2:49 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

((((((((((((((((((((E)))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope you're just getting all of the bad stuff out of your system and everything is great for an entire year (at least!)

xoxo

3:03 am  
Blogger sic said...

Vet receptionists are always either stupid or evil. I once got home to discover that my dog had discovered and torn open a bottle of sleeping pills I didn't even know I had. I called my vet. They said bring him in right away. But they were an hour away. The emergency clinic was 45 minutes away. I need somewhere close and and I need them now. I call a vet down the street. They say, hmm... not sure... After hemming and hawing for a bit she says she'll go ask one of the vets what to do and call me back. She calls back 15 minutes later.

Hi, the vet said to take your cat to the emergency clinic so they can observe him overnight.

Thanks, but I'm perfectly capable of observing him myself. If he does turn into a cat overnight, though, I'll be sure to head straight over to the emergency clinic.

6:28 am  
Blogger monica said...

(((((((E)))))) Hope poor kitty is feeling better and pampered today. Had the same thing happen to my cell phone recently... my only advice is to avoid sending the new phone on a swim in your purse... and failing that, not to use a hair dryer to try and dry it out. Hehehehe. :) Chin up, Christmas will be over by this time next week!

7:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sic...
I was, in my first life, a veterinary receptionist. For six years I was a helpful, patient, efficient and caring veterinary receptionsist. I'm not stupid and I'm only evil in a fun, gotta love me sort of way.

(((E))) Hope you and your cats are feeling better.

xoxo
~Anonymous G

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home