Saturday, December 18, 2004

How to be a bad parent. Lesson #243

The scene: The parking lot at the back of Dr Fun Killer's office. My car and a Ford with a V6 engine.

The actors: Mother, 3 year old toddler and baby.

The mother is strapping the baby into its seat in the back of the car. Toddler is walking around beside the car.

Mother to toddler: "Here are the keys. Go start the car."

I wonder if I heard correctly, so I pay more attention.

Mother hands the toddler the car keys, while she's still strapping the baby into its restraint. Toddler walks around the front of the car, opens the door, gets in, shuts the door and starts the car.

Can anybody else see what is wrong with this picture? Or is it just me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

Ohhhh boy.
My best girl friend left me in the car with her son while she ran into the grocery store once. He asked if he could sit in her seat while we waited, and said "I promise I won't turn things on and wear out the battery this time"
......
"This time"?!?! how often does she leave her 4 year old unwatched in the car that he could be wearing out the battery?

11:11 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

My god! That's for the chuckle but that's scary! How'd Dr F-K go? (I love what that looks like!)

a

12:36 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I know, I know - the kid didn't finish his beer first, right?

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home